Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gautenger Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2013, 05:15 AM
    Barclays Bank Robbery
    I would like to know if there was a Barclays Bank Robbery on Saturday 14 December 2013 in Accra Ghana? Is the bank closed till Monday 23 December 2013?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2013, 05:25 AM
    Sounds like a component of the popular Ghana romance scam. Is your online "girlfriend" telling you this?

Dec 19, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Yes it is my "boyfriend" who told me that I want to make sure if it is the truth!
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2013, 05:56 AM
    Nope, you're being scammed. Send no money, ever.

Romance Scams | Embassy of the United States Accra, Ghana

Dec 19, 2013, 05:59 AM
    Thank you very much! I thought so!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 06:15 AM
    Very common scam. Sorry. I hope you did not lose too much money

Dec 19, 2013, 08:33 AM
    No he was suppose to send me money. The transfer were done, but he said he must get me information about the transfer to get it activated here in SA. While he was in the bank, the bank was robbed and two people were killed. They hurt him by hitting him with the rifle on the back and behind his neck. Now he is in hospital and don't have money to pay for it, to get out of there! That is why I thought to ask to make sure that there was a robbery!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 08:43 AM
    He is in hospital and doesn't have money to pay and get out. So, did he ask you for money so that he could get out? This is a common theme among these scammers.
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2013, 08:45 AM
    While he was in the bank, the bank was robbed and two people were killed. They hurt him by hitting him with the rifle on the back and behind his neck. Now he is in hospital and don't have money to pay for it, to get out of there!
    That's quite a story, don't you think?
    Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 08:47 AM
    That's quite a story, don't you think?
    Well, of course it is. They make up these extravagant stories that tug on the heart strings.

Dec 19, 2013, 08:51 AM
    Yes he did ask for money, but I said I don't have it. So I said to him if he can get hold of the information I need to activate the money here, I will sent him the money. So he told me that the bank will open on Monday and he can get out of the hospital yesterday! He asked for $500. So I believe there was no transfer and no money!
    Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 08:52 AM
    I really hope you didn't give him your bank information.

Dec 19, 2013, 08:56 AM
    I went to the bank and open a new account for the transfer! I gave him that information. What can happen now? Can he use it for an overdraft or something?
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2013, 08:59 AM
    Go to your bank and notify an officer. They likely have experience with this.

Dec 19, 2013, 09:01 AM
    Thank you I will do that!
    Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Close that account immediately. Notify the bank officer. I hope he doesn't take you to the cleaners.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 12:06 PM
    I still don't know how people fall for this stuff but they do....

The worst part here is that you know this isn't real...you know it and that's why you're here asking...because you have your doubts.

Learn from this and never trust anyone like this again. Get to the bank and take care of it now. Explain what has happened, you made a mistake, and you realize now that this is a scammer you are dealing with...they will take care of it.

Be more careful from now on.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comedy bank robbery movies? [ 1 Answers ]

A movie that focused on a small bank. One of the employee's and his best friend were trying to think of ways to get money and get out of their home town. After several ideas, the employee suggests to rob his own bank's safe, go to vegas, and gamble it on one hand. If they won they would return the...

About barclays bank [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir... My fiancé from uk transfer money to me... N I gave him maybank account... but someone from barclays bank in here said before I get the money I must paid for them for many things... like certificate of money laundry... my fiancé gave me a lot of money to me for our wedding... but...

Bank robbery in ireland [ 4 Answers ]

Once inside the bank shortly after midnight their efforts at diabling the security system got underway immediately. The robbers, who expected to find one or two large safes filled with cash and valuables, were surprised to see hundreds of smaller safes through the bank. The robbers cracked the...

Comedy Film (Bank robbery) [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I once watched a comedy film. A bank robbery made by a guy with his friend. They were planning to go Vegas at the weekend, earn some money and take the money back. Does anyone know the name of the movie? Please help.

View more questions Search