Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkninja13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2013, 05:23 PM
    Why would all the water in my drains empty all at once
    One day I was sitting in my living room and I heard a weird sound and all the water in my toilet sink and bath tub drains emptied all at once why would this happen
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 21, 2013, 07:19 AM
    This sounds like you could have had a plugged vent. If a vent get plugged and there is water going down a drain anywhere in your house it will create a vacuum. This vacuum can be strong enough to pull water out of toilet bowls or sink traps. I take it this was a one time occurence and everything drains properly now?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 21, 2013, 09:47 AM
    Describe the sound. Was it a gurgle?
    all the water in my toilet sink and bath tub drains emptied all at once
    For that to happen, both the bathtub and the vanity would have to be clogged with water in the tub and bowl and the stoppers open. If the clog opened up and the fixtures drained then That would give you the situation that you describe. Are there any for the developments? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water backup in basement shower when kitchen sink drains fast but not when drains slo [ 5 Answers ]

House is 3 years new, purchased it a year ago (2011), started smelling bad odour, like rotten eggs after we moved.The problem was intermitten, The smell started in the kitchen sink upstairs and then ended up in the basement.After a long while we realized that when we drain the kitchen sink (free...

Can I empty my pool water into my well [ 6 Answers ]

My home is supplied with well water is it OK to empty my 10,000 gal pool into it >email address removed<

Can you empty too much water from furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to bleed the radiators because the one in master bed room did not get hot. Emptied some of the water from the furnace and now none of the radiators are working... help! I did bleed all the radiators

Why does my toilet empty when my bathtub drains [ 2 Answers ]

When my bathtub or my kitchen sink drain my toilet also drains out all the water in the bowl. What do I do?

Hot water ank is empty and no old water coming from any of the taps [ 1 Answers ]

The hot water tank in the loft is empty it doesn't appear to be refilling and there is no cold water coming out of any other taps

View more questions Search