Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freddiealbrecht Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2013, 06:05 PM
    Plumbing/tank-wont fill after new shut off installed and turned on
    My toilet wouldn't fill so I decided to replace the old shut off and install new line and a new tank fill valve. When I turned the water back on the tank valve won't allow the water to fill the tank. I checked and I am getting water to the bottom of valve where the service attaches to the toilet. Any ideas
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 06:55 PM
    If I understand correctly, you replaced the stop valve, the supply tube and the fill valve of the toilet and the tank does not refill as it should. You have water coming out of the stop valve where the supply tube is connected.

Is that correct?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 08:13 PM
    Harold and I are probably thinking your initial problem was not the toilet fill valve. Shut off your house main and remove your valve. Put a bucket on the fill pipe from the wall and have a second person start to open the main, yell to shut it off if you get water. Did you get water out of the pipe? Did you install one of those fill tube to the tank that has the automatic shut off if the hose freaks?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Kohler toilet tank won't fill unless I lightly touch the fill valve [ 11 Answers ]

My toilet tank won't fill with water unless I lightly touch the top of the fill valve on the left hand side of the tank. I have a santa rosa kohler toilet. As soon as I touch it or jiggle it a bit the tank fills up with water and flushes fine but the tank won't refill again. How do I fix this? ...

Tank won't fill with water after water was shut off and turned back on [ 4 Answers ]

The other day my contractor turned off the water to work on the kitchen plumbing. The next day he turned it back on and not my toilet will not flush and the tank won't fill with water. How can I fix this?

We just had new plumbing, faucets, shower and shut off valves installed in an upstair [ 5 Answers ]

The hot water heater is heating water, we had a new hot water shut off valve installed at the hot water heater. No hot water in the kitchen or bathroom. If we turn on hot water on in the bathroom we then will get hot water in the kitchen (not hot water comes out in bathroom). We also currently have...

My fluidmaster tank will not fill and when I run water in the sink the tanks fill? [ 1 Answers ]

My tank will not fill after flushing ( not the bowl) however when I run water into the sink it fills

According to Ohio plumbing code, can a valve be installed to shut off a thermal expan [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told on a number of occasions that you can not place a shutoff valve in front of a thermal expansion tank on a hot water heater. However I cannot find that specified in the 2005 code. If you know where that is stated in the code could you please give reference number. Thank you

View more questions Search