Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brenda321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2013, 05:06 PM
    My grandson has a bug? Bite which his mom keeps squeezing to drain it. Should this be
    Should a bug/spider bite be squeezed to drain it on a 2 year old. Or should we just leave it and let it heal on it's own?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 17, 2013, 05:13 PM
    The critical thing with any bite that left a hole is to keep it clean to keep bacteria out. It sounds like some sort of infection might have entered it already. It might clear up on it's own and it might not. I had a raging infection spread all over one leg from a bite with a big hole in it.

Wash it with soap and water and put a triple antibiotic cream on it and a band aid, and keep an eye on it for spreading rash or fever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bug bite [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently in South Africa and thought I was bitten by a mosquito, but 2 days later I noticed it had turned into a ring shape. Now 2 weeks later the ring is getting a little bigger (about 3/4" diameter) and definitely itchier. Is this an insect bit or possibly ringworm? I currently do not...

Bug bite with streaks [ 0 Answers ]

I got a bug bite tonight, and now there are indented streak marks running down my arm. Should I go to the ER?

A new bug bite? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello :) ill try to give as much info as I can. I was getting undressed last night for bed. When I found a bug bite. It was right on one of my... ahem... chest... (sorry :o ) It is a welp. And as soon as I took my shirt and bra off, it started to itch and HURT badly as if it was a fire...

Bug bite? Or should I be concerned? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughters right hand is noticeably swollen and slightly warm (though not hot). We don't have poisonous spiders/bugs up here, so I'm wondering if I should be more concerned. She woke up with it that way this morning and I gave her benedryl and it has not improved... I attached a...

View more questions Search