Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wpb30635 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2003, 11:33 AM
    Depression glass: setting a price
    A friend has asked me to help his mom sell her Depression Glass collection. We have a book that identifies and gives values for them. We've tried auctioning a few pieces but no luck. They want to set the minimum price as the one listed in the books. I think they should try for lower and hope for better.

Can anyone tell me what percentage of the suggested value would be a good starting place? I don't want to let them down but what they are expecting is a bit much.
    trainman3545 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2003, 02:38 AM
    I suggest E-bay and star the price at 50-75% of the listed price. It will go higher.
    loveland80537 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2004, 10:57 PM
    Some pieces of Depression glass are worth more than others depending on pattern, condition and color.

Price guides are purely that - guides - and should not be used to determine the true value of an item. Prices fluctuate depending on the part of the country and supply and demand.

I have sold antiques for many years and my goal is to SELL - not to sit on something because a price guide has it listed at an outrageous price. I use guides to give me a general idea what something is worth and usually price it at half.

Remember, the goal is to sell the items, not pack them away.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression [ 31 Answers ]

I've suffered from depression for 4years and its getting to the stage of not coping! There are many causes of this and seeing a counselor didn't seem to help. Anti-depressants just seem to mask the symptoms, any suggestions? Please help can't cope anymore?

Depression sux [ 17 Answers ]

Okay Ive had some problems since I was a short little monkey. I was really bad off and I thought about killing myself sometimes. I was given zoloft wich I got the doctor to take me off because it made things worse and didn't help so I have not been on any medicine. I have two children now and it is...

Depression? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a best friend who is depressed or I believe is depressed we tell each other prettymuch everything if she talks about depressed things listening to her over and over pretty much the same thing over and over worrying about her and everything in my life make me depressed to :confused:

Depression or What? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been sad for almost a year or so. I don't know if that calls "depression". I cry very often, and I hate seeing people around. When I think of my family and my friend (if I even have one), I'll be very disappointed. Everyone in my family is married except me and my second whom already had a...

Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been dumped by my longterm partner and have been seriously depressed since. I cannot manage to eat hardly anything, I'm tetchy, irritable, have difficulty sleeping, have nightmares when I do sleep, can't get up in the morning, and I have times when I can only cry, I usually end up...

View more questions Search