Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHAH99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2013, 01:51 AM
    The management of JAP Recreation Club is evaluating the option to launch a restaurant
    The management of JAP Recreation Club is evaluating the option to launch a restaurant that would serve complete meal to its members. Presently, it has a snack bar shop which sells snacks and drinks only.

A management consultant firm was hired at a fee of Rs. 85,000 to prepare the feasibility of the project. JAP’s Accountant has extracted the following information from the consultant’s report:

(I) The restaurant will be launched on the first day of the next year.
    (ii) The club membership has been increasing at the rate of 5% per annum. As a result of this facility, it is expected that the rate would increase to 10% per annum.
    (iii) The cost of equipment for the restaurant is estimated at Rs. 7,000,000. It would have a residual value of Rs. 510,000 at the end of its estimated useful life of four years.
    (iv) It is estimated that during the first year, an average of 100 customers would visit the restaurant, per day. The number would increase in line with the increase in membership. The average revenue from each customer is estimated at Rs. 400 whereas variable costs per customer would be Rs. 260.
    (v) Four employees would be appointed in the first year at an average salary of Rs. 200,000 per annum. A fifth employee would be hired from the third year.
    (vi) The annual fixed overheads for the current year are estimated at Rs. 4.8 million. 15% of the fixed overheads are allocated to the snack bar. As a result of the establishment of the restaurant the annual expenditure would increase as follows:

Rupees
    Electricity and gas 340,000
    Advertising 170,000
    Repair and maintenance 85,000

After the establishment of restaurant, 20% of the overheads would be allocated to the restaurant whereas allocation to snack bar would reduce to 10%.

(vii) The snack bar is presently serving an average of 250 customers per day and the number is increasing in proportion to the number of members. If the restaurant is launched, the number of customers would reduce by 40% in the first year but would continue to increase in subsequent years in line with the member base. The average contribution margin from snack bar is Rs. 50 per customer.
    (viii) JAP’s cost of capital is 6.36% per annum. The rate of inflation is 10%.

Required:
    Advise whether JAP should invest in the project. Assume that each year has 360 days
    (Hint: Please keep in view the concepts of relevant costing and prepare the cash flows on the basis of the principles of relevant cost.)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 15, 2013, 01:55 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm looking for a song. It was played on Parks and recreation season 4 [ 0 Answers ]

Parks and recreation Season 4 episode 2 "Ron and Tammys 2" It is played when Ben hits the party button. It's a rap song and I have had the hardest time finding out who it is. Can anyone help? Thanks

Children recreation games [ 1 Answers ]

So every Wednesday I help out @ my church. I play games w/ the children. Ive got games for the older kids but I need recreation games to play w/ the younger kids. Grade Preschool-2nd grade. But if you do have games for grades 4-5 I will gladly aceept those too.

View more questions Search