Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2013, 08:28 AM
    Hello again, J:

Oh, I see.. You're a wonderful person so you should be allowed to post BULL! Nahhh... That ain't the way it works.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2013, 08:31 AM
    The mother was wrong, but the cop still shouldn't have drawn his weapon. Why can't cops just put tickets on the windshields and let the process work safely? She was still an idiot for not just taking it, and driving away safely, keeping her kids safe.
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2013, 08:40 AM
    Hello again, tal:

The COPS are the professionals.. The citizens are BONKERS. They cannot be blamed for the BAD behavior of the professionals..

While I'm here waiting for J to tell me about how her son will ALWAYS stand up for goodness and righteousness, lemme say this:

The police force is like ANY street gang, except they have better uniforms... If a GANG member goes against the gang, he's gonna be KILLED..

If a COP goes against HIS gang, he's gonna be killed too. You KNOW I'm speaking the truth. Yes, I HATE 'em!

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 15, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Tal, in answer to your question about posting the ticket on the windshield. What you have to understand is that the way the law works is that any traffic violation is an arrestable offence. The reason you dont normally get arrested unless it involved endangerment is that when you sign the ticket you are signing a promisary in lieu of bail. You get your hearing date in the mail and you are expected to appear or pay the fine. In not signing they couldnt just place it on the windshield and let it go as there was no promise to appear by way of signature.
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 15, 2013, 08:55 AM
    Look ex, the cops as we have known them are long past a private police force run by the municipality. They have moved on to more of mini paramilitary units. As such thier behavior has been more or war time then of civil times. Maybe its time for Americans to carry dash cams as they do in Russia. I dont know what the answer is. Maybe what we need is a commitee for review that is made of citizens rather then politicians or people that have State jobs. We can debate use of force and good cop bad cop all day. But the bottom line is that we all need to be aware and watch for when either side crosses the line and not be affraid to step forward. We need to stop just accepting what we are told and examine it for what it is. The trampling of the contitution needs to stop. The citizenry of this country deserve more respect then they are getting. I dont have all the answers nor do I know where all the BS stops but I do know atleast one end and that is where I stand. I call it as I see it. Lately what I see I dont like very much and it is not the country I was raised in.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2013, 09:00 AM
    I have already said the woman was an idiot. I saw the video of the officer explain all her options to her. He bent over backward many times to NOT arrest her. But if we know that a policy or procedure doesn't work as designed, it should be modified, so kids and dogs and other innocents don't get shot.

How hard is it to make relinquishing your keys to a cop the first policy of any traffic stop. Or knowing who occupies a house before you bust down the door at 3 am. I am sure there are other modifications or fixes to suggest upon review of the facts.
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Hello dad:
    Maybe its time for Americans to carry dash cams as they do in Russia.
    Cop cams would be better. They need to record 24 hours a day and CANNOT be hacked. We have the technology. We just lack the will.

excon
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 15, 2013, 09:09 AM
    So what your saying is that so long as the peritraitor of a crime be it a traffic stop or felony violation doesnt have to follow any rules of engaugement if the choose not to? That is absurd. Knocking on a door in many situations can patiently waiting outside until someone responds is not an option as they person on the other side of that door is free to roam and get whatever weapons they desire withing thier reach and somebody or multiple somebodys gets killed. Sorry not an option. We need to weed out the bad cops and create better policy for monitoring what is actually happening but what we dont need is to make more caos out of what is already going on.

Maybe live mini cams and voice recorders on every officer is a way to monitor every stop and every move while on duty. For later examination by a public board. We need to stop the madness.
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 15, 2013, 09:12 AM
    ex, I can't agree to the 24 hr rule but I can agree to every officer that is on shift. Also if a recording unit goes down at any time then that officer needs to report back to station and get it fixed before being allowed into the field. Anyone being caught tampering with the system should face harsh punishment.
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2013, 09:24 AM
    Hello again, dad:

We're splitting hairs here... I don't wanna watch him at home or off duty. I was thinking about sharing one cam between 3 shifts.

But, the IDEA is correct... The ONLY way the citizen has been able to get ANY measure of justice, is when video cams came into play. Now, EVERY cop needs one, and maybe two.. Maybe even 3. I'll bet they can mount one on his service weapon. You're the gun expert. Can they do that?

excon
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 15, 2013, 09:29 AM
    Yes ex they can mount one to a weapon. They have tazer cams already and you could mount one to a service weapon. But if they are already carrying one there really isnt a need for it. As was the case here with the video from the dash cam. The officer was attempting to shoot at the tires. It also clearly indicates that this officer has been watching too many movies and hasnt a clue what public safety is.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 16, 2013, 08:55 AM
    Again, it is bedtime for me. I do want to say, since Excon is impatiently waiting for my response, that I do NOT agree with what the cop did in the shooting. He should be fired and charged with child endangerment, etc. However, the mother in that case was not entirely innocent.

While I'm here waiting for J to tell me about how her son will ALWAYS stand up for goodness and righteousness,
    Because my son was raised properly.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 16, 2013, 08:59 AM
    Now, with that said. Again, I am going to bed. I refuse to let this thread turn into a Current Events bashing thread. There ARE good cops out there in the world. I'm sorry you haven't met them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dogs are extremely aggressive towards other dogs, kicked out of 2 classes [ 7 Answers ]

We have to dogs both the same age (1year old) and they are scary aggressive if they see another dog on a walk and they've gone ape in two different training classes and been kicked out. How do we fix this? I don't want to put them down

Can the cops still come [ 1 Answers ]

My friend's boyfriend was at a party and some girls iPod and 80 dollars was stolen. The dad of the girl keeps going to my friends house and asking her questions. He hasn't reported the crime. It happened Friday night. Her boyfriend doesn't live with her anymore. Can the cops do anything?

The Cops and You [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: Let's say your spouse was murdered. You've cooperated with the cops the first time around, but now they want to talk to you a second time... It was clear to you from the first interview, that the cops thought YOU had something to do with it.. Please vote for what you'd do. Nobody...

The Cops and you [ 40 Answers ]

Hello: Let's say there is a confrontation between a citizen and a cop... Who, between the two, is entitled to respect by the other?? Me?? I believe the citizen is. After all, the citizen is the sovereign and the cop works for him... However, I believe those folks of the right wing...

How many cops? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello: The cajoler asked how many convicted felons there are in these good ol United States. Got me to wondering... How many cops are there? While we're at it, how many different federal police departments are there? Which ones? I'll bet you can't name 'em all. excon

View more questions Search