Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aefs33 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Eagle brand chocolate condensed milk
    Is Eagle Brand Chocolate Condensed Milk still being produced?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 03:17 AM
    I don't think it ever was, because what would be the point? It was originally produced as condensed milk during the war to fill a specific purpose for people who couldn't get whole milk and condensed milk filled the benefits for babies.

Chocolate syrup can be added.
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Would like to know where you bought it then. Are you in Ontario ?
    aefs33 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 06:33 AM
    I purchased Choc condensed milk I believe in Virginia.. I have since moved to GA. Was sorting recipes and found one using Choc condensed milk. - couldn't find it on the shelves in GA and wanted to know if the product was still being produced. Guess not. So I tossed the recipe. (('m moving back to Virginia.)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Tickle she is right there is such a thing I'm looking for you aefs33

Ok I've found a few sites its made by borden but by the looks of it they only produce normal and unsweetened now I can find plenty of recipes on how to make it chocolate flavoured by melting chocolate but not the actual product itself sorry.

Sweetened Condensed Milk - Ingredients, Substitutions and Equivalents
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jul 26, 2007, 11:04 PM
    I've got a recipe to make eagle brand milk. So I don't buy it anymore although chocolate flavour does sound tasty.
    makamoimoi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 01:54 AM
    I bought some also a couple years ago in Louisiana. So delish! But have never found it again. My friends are accusing me of hallucinating. I want more!!
    johnallen123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 11:58 PM

Tickle, I guess the point is that condensed chocolate milk is ready to go, needs no mixing and can sit, as is, on the shelf for a year. The Indonesians certainly have many uses for the product. (And they do know how to cook!)
    I never did work out why The Spice Islanders always used South American chile in almost every food. Ironic. I even got chile flavoured strawberry jam (my mistake) with breakfast toast. Yet they have all those other traditional spices to choose from.
    However, my best memory of 'susu coklat' is the 'alpokat' milkshakes in Medan. The milk is drizzled inside the cold glass, in artistic swirls. And cold avocado and icecream shake is added. A meal in itself for travelers.
    "Dairy Farm" is imported to north America, online at $1.75 per can, by Indomart.us -
    See indomart.us-online store
    Also .:: Welcome To PT ULTRAJAYA MILK INDUSTRY ::.
    spidd33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 01:36 AM
    For what it's worth... eagle brand chocolate condensed milk is readily available in most supermarkets here in Hong Kong... they even have a version that comes in a handy squeezy tube... mmmmmmm chocolatey milky goodness...
    Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 03:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spidd33 View Post
    for what it's worth.....eagle brand chocolate condensed milk is readily available in most supermarkets here in Hong Kong....they even have a version that comes in a handy squeezy tube.....mmmmmmm chocolatey milky goodness......
    Good information but this thread is five years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

94 eagle vision limp mode [ 1 Answers ]

HELP!! My 1994 eagle vision dropped in to limp mode (2nd gear on trans) about a year ago... and at that time, I noticed a difference between the wiring diagrams on the 1994 vs the 1995 whereas the 95 had a separate 12v lead going to the "auto shut down" relay. I added this lead and the trans...

1994 Eagle Vision [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 94 eagle vision that just quit while driving. It has been dying at stop signs, but it usually starts right up. This time it won't start. Does anybody know what might be wrong. Thanks Melonman

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

95 Eagle Vision Doesn't Start Sometimes... [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 95 Eagle Vision that won't start sometimes and dies while we're driving occasionally. It's not the battery or starter or fuel pump. We've had a mechanic look at it, and he thinks he's narrowed it down to one of three different sensors (or perhaps the whole computer), but doesn't know...

How can create chocolate? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Would you mind tell me how can make chocolate?

View more questions Search