Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zacery123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Lost driving licence
    I have been driving for forty years and 6 months ago moved house in the move I lost a full box of clothes my driving licence was in one of my coat pockets I assume, when I
    Applied for a new licence they told me they have not got all my details of the categories I am aloud to drive and can I send then my driving licence number and other details
    As I have lost them I can't as I don't have them ,
    I have been told by dvla that they cannot send me a licence with all my categories until
    I send them the details and so it goes on and on six months now still no licence I passed my car and motor bike test in the 60s if the dvla can't find the details surely I should not be made to suffer what can I do anyone got an idea thanks .

Ps I have been driving a motorbike for years and because they cannot find my details I cannot legaly drive even though I am still driving one,

Regards john
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 02:58 PM
    I have moved your post from the Introductions board (where we just say hi and introduce ourselves) to the Other Law board (where I am sure your question will get more notices and better answers.

Also, it would be helpful for our members to know in what country you live and where so that the appropriate members can answer accordingly.

Another thing that might help is if you specifiy what "catagories" you are talking about.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Were are you at John, since as a police officer I would be able to pull up your entire drivers history, your license number, and any restrictins and all you are licensed to drive by just entering your name, birthdate and social secuity number into our state computer.

So the DMV of any state in the US should be able to do the same thing.
    Something just not matching up here unless there is something missing to story or you are not in the US.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2007, 09:48 AM
    The department he is referencing sounds like L.A. As we all know, people who work at the DMV are not all rocket scientists. John, sounds like you should just do a little leg work here, find the name of a manager or higher up mucky muck in the DMV in your area and make an appointment with him/her. Bring all the info with you that Fr Chuck has mentioned here, and you should be able to get this resolved. If it doesn't get resolved, let's go back to what Fr Chuck is saying. (Something be rotten in the state of Denmark).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my piercing licence? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on becoming a professional piercer and I have no idea where or how to get my licence, I live in mckinney texas(suburb of dallas) and I don't know where to go 2 get my licence I've heard you take a class and a test over it but I need to know where. If anyone could give me any...

Driving licence [ 1 Answers ]

I've no passport or other identification how do I go about applying for driving licence in uk I'm irish and living here two weeks

Do I need a business licence [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small business out of my home. I do photo slide shows onto DVD. I only plan on making around $1,000.00 a year. Do I need to file for a small business license in the state of GA?

Licence suspension [ 3 Answers ]

If you are asked to hand in your licence for 5 months and it affects your ability to work or commut can you fight it? As I haved to quite my job and move into town.

View more questions Search