Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mortonmorton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2013, 11:40 AM
    EtG test question
    I'm 5'7", 137lbs, female. On Friday I had two bottles of wine and 3beers over a 10hr period. Last drink around 10pm. On Tuesday at 12:45 pm I had a UA test. I'm not sure what the EtG cutoff is, but by my calculations that is over 80 hours from my last drink. What are my chances for passing the test?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 13, 2013, 01:10 PM
    Chances should be decent enough. What happens if you fail? I calculate that you have about 72hrs or so and the tests are usually sensitive from 60-80 hours.
    mortonmorton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2013, 06:25 PM
    Where are you getting the 72 hours from? I'm at 86 hrs from the last drink. I am a heavy drinker and from what I have read would think I metabolize etoh very quickly.

Thanks for any information
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 14, 2013, 11:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mortonmorton View Post
    Where are you getting the 72 hours from? I'm at 86 hrs from the last drink. I am a heavy drinker and from what I have read would think I metabolize etoh very quickly.

You're a heavy drinker, but for some reason you're undergoing ETG testing? Why? What do you lose if you fail?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2013, 11:06 PM
    You should pass. But if you are not suppose to be drinking, you risk other issues, friends getting mad and turning you in. someone posting photos of you drinking on Facebook.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 16, 2013, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mortonmorton View Post

From the half life of the metabolite that they're testing, how much of it could be your system, and how long it will take to be removed from your system. It is also the marketed detection window of the test.

If you're an alcoholic then you metabolize alcohol at the same rate but are more resistant to it's effects, or you just get more in your system. You'll still test reasonably the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG Test Question [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Dr. Bill, Last Thursday (Thanksgiving) I had about 10 drinks over a 12 hour period. Friday I had about 15 drinks over a 12 hour period ending about Midnight on Friday. On Saturday my BAC was 0.00 at 4:30 pm. I am a 130 lb. male with a relatively high metabolism. I have an ETG test tomorrow...

View more questions Search