Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DustinR495 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2013, 02:32 PM
    Is it necessary to wear a suit when applying for a volunteer position?
    I know you should always wear a suit when applying for jobs and internships. I want to get into this program at the university I am currently enrolled at, but I need to get some volunteer experience prior to applying to the program.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 12, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Really depends on the position you are applying for.
    Just because it's volunteering doesn't mean your personal standards should slip/
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 12, 2013, 02:36 PM
    What do the volunteers do, and what do they wear when they do it?

The rule is to always dress up, not down. Find out what the volunteers usually wear on the job and go up a notch from that. Or, when in doubt, wear a suit or sport jacket or nice pullover sweater with a dress shirt and tie underneath (or some such outfit).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can volunteer hours increase my chances of getting a internship position? [ 0 Answers ]

My college requires me to complete specific amount of volunteer hours before I can apply for a program. I will probably have to volunteer during the summer because I take six classes per semester and my schedule is limited.

How does one respond to a quiet title suit where original owner in suit is deceased [ 7 Answers ]

Original owner named in suit and his heir to the small land lot (low value) are deceased. There have been 3 more owners since.

Who do I talk to about a volunteer fireman who is abusing his position [ 2 Answers ]

I have this problem with a neighbor for near 5 years now. I tried to ignore him but he is like a bad penny keeps turning up. I keep reminding myself that he is not worth me going to jail. He has done everything from throwing nails in my driveway to calling the township on my fences(which I have...

Man has to wear big blue suit on the side of the road [ 1 Answers ]

Brother inlaw comes to helpout sister inlaw brother is in army or something, gets job wearing big blue suit out in the middle of nowhere. Sisterinlaw screwing boss in a failed company. Does a birthday party with the suit.. it is a new movie last 3 years I think

View more questions Search