Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crazygirl59 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2013, 06:04 PM
    Very Tiny Little White and Black Bugs that sting when they bite
    This all started in June after I had a sale due to downsizing. Most of my things have been store in a shop that was I hate to say a home to squirrels, mice and who know what else. My sons, didn't know this and took something and placed them in my new place about a month after that I starting itching, along with several red marks. But I had been in the yard and thought this was the reason. Shortly after that we found out one of grandson had headline. So I went and did the RID thing, but my head never stop inching, nor my body So I called the doctor, stripped everything vacuum like all get out and sprayed and everything just got worse from there. I have a 2 PC out to spray. Stop going to my garage and even bagged my clothes cause it seem like everything I put on felt like I was digging at myself. Some said I might have bedbugs since wild animals can carry them. But no sign of any thing. I have found small bugs but nothing but once that might have been. But they never call me to say it was. So I keep washing my bed clothes and just wore what I had washed and fogged my car. This helped a little But I have had to place a encasement on my mattress & Vacuum. Steam Cleaning has helped.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 06:47 PM
    If I misunderstand something you wrote, please forgive me, my translation software is almost as good as Google.

When the skin irritation first appeared, was it in a recognizable pattern? Bedbugs often leave bites in a straight line or a triangle pattern.

Most insects can be eliminated by freezing. The bags of clothes should be kept at Zero Fahrenheit for 36 hours, a new study has found.
    Bed bugs can survive freezing temperatures, but cold can still kill them

Have you had the small bugs you did find identified? If the Pest Control people you have chosen cannot I.D. them you might try the Biology Dept. at a local college.

Vacuuming is always good but don't let anything you vacuum up stay in the bag or canister. Many species can breed in there.

Dec 11, 2013, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    If I misunderstand something you wrote, please forgive me, my translation software is almost as good as Google.

When the skin irritation first appeared, was it in a recognizable pattern? Bedbugs often leave bites in a straight line or a triangle pattern.

Most insects can be eliminated by freezing. The bags of clothes should be kept at Zero Fahrenheit for 36 hours, a new study has found.
    Bed bugs can survive freezing temperatures, but cold can still kill them

Have you had the small bugs you did find identified? If the Pest Control people you have chosen cannot I.D. them you might try the Biology Dept. at a local college.

Vacuuming is always good but don't let anything you vacuum up stay in the bag or canister. Many species can breed in there.
    Not really, they were around my ankle and my wrist hand. Which made also agree with the doctor. I did not at first empty or clean at first until some said it it might be bed bugs and I googled the what to do with them. Since then I have have tried
    DE and found out little goes a long way...
    Still trying to get that places
    Encasement a for my beds
    Sprays on things that can't be was or steamed
    Not sure in my dryer is hot enough
    Have go to those big zip bag and clear trash bags for clothes washed in hot water three times
    Since my dryer is not drying hot as it use to I set it for 80 minutes
    I vacuumed and clean wash everything down in hot hot water filter and all
    I have steam cleaned my room
    This slowed down the bites and the small red marks

But I still felt a bite, I mean ouch.. And my head felt like I wash scratching all the time. And everything I put jeans on or something thick I felt like I was itching.
    So I started using a throw away lint roller.

Bingo.. I started seeing little tiny black specks. My son say their was nothing. I started Placing my glasses in hot water will showing and little tiny black speck float up. I also did this with any necklace I wore and the itching went down.
    Everything was getting better.

Winter has come and had to get blankets out. I did wash them several times.
    But I ended up in the hospital so, my normal vacuum has be slowed down.
    I have been in bed for a few week and started feeling the bites again, this time I saw nothing on the rollers but felt my sheets like I had something . So I used my roller once again and all I saw this time was small white thing so small I had use my loop.

I change my she every 2 days, up till I got sick.the last 2 days is time I can I say anything the look like a bug again
    The size is small like the end do ball point pen. The color of then is kind of green/brown.. Everything else has been whites/tan.. I have tried to contact a local college to send these off but I don't want to loose my only other sample.
    I have been dealing with since June .

Soaking my clothes In Wearing micro fabric and putting my best high count sheet appear to deter them at night
    But during the day.
    I can see these thing come up on my leather furniture cause they are dark brown and they are white oblong. I spray alcohol on the and they die.

So for all this but they only time is see dark black is while they are so tiny I can see what they are.
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 07:52 PM
    If they're that small, have you looked at bird mites?

Mites Affecting Humans
    Attached Images

Dec 12, 2013, 07:20 AM
    I have thought of this. I will try contact a expect. Funny thing, I am not sure they would live that long off the host. I spent 5 days in bedroom after cleaning the living room. The showered put clean clothes and decided to spray my leather chair. And I could still. Watch theses little white things come up. Some as small as a small as dot over a the period at end of sentence... Some as as big as big as brace ( or bracket however one wishes to call it. Sometime they look a bit fatter. So I'm guess since I just felt a bit they feed. I understand there is people that have this in there head. I am starting to think the same thin
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 12, 2013, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazygirl59 View Post
    I have thought of this. I will try contact a expect. Funny thing, I am not sure they would live that long off the host. I spent 5 days in bedroom after cleaning the living room. The showered put clean clothes and decided to spray my leather chair. And I could still. Watch theses little white things come up. Some as small as a small as dot over a the period at end of sentence... Some as as big as big as brace ( or bracket however one wishes to call it. Sometime they look a bit fatter. So I'm guess since I just felt a bit they feed. I understand there is people that have this in there head. I am starting to think the same thin
    Keep collecting samples! The more people you can show, the more you know the bugs are for real. It should be fairly easy to check for bird's nests if you can get outside (some places that isn't possible right now) but squirrels and rodents might not be visible.

Dec 13, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Thank You, I will...

Dec 13, 2013, 12:04 PM
    Catsmine,
    I wanted to add something that some people might not think of, no matter what bug they have. If they have the new HE washers in the USA, they might not be getting their clothes 100% treated, with a good hot tub of water. The machines are setup to save you on water, so get you clothes washed in a less hot water no matter if your tab is set. 120cel, could lead you to a issue if your dryer is not hot enough to kill them. I only run across these by chance when I went to my boyfriend house and notice when I was my clothes at his house I had no issues with wearing them after washing them there. The same thing happen when I went to dog sit at my brothers house, both have the standard washer. I then started soaking my clothes in hot tab water in the tub then washing them. I found I had a much easier time wearing my clothes till I sat on something I had not cleaned well yet. Then the itching stated up and I had to remove the clothes.
    I can't go to a laundry as it cost too much. Since all bugs are killed with hot water, from what I have read.. ( I'm sure there are exception) this should be thought about since more and more people are buying this type of washers/dryers. Now I also have the HE dryer, which also runs at a lower heat temp, so this did not help. I think for all those that find themselves in the battle of killing bugs, should also keep this in mind. I Just wanted to pass this along.
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 13, 2013, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazygirl59 View Post
    Catsmine,
    I wanted to add something that some people might not think of, no matter what bug they have. If they have the new HE washers in the USA, they might not be getting their clothes 100% treated, with a good hot tub of water. The machines are setup to save you on water, so get you clothes washed in a less hot water no matter if your tab is set. 120cel, could lead you to a issue if your dryer is not hot enough to kill them. I only run across these by chance when I went to my boyfriend house and notice when I was my clothes at his house I had no issues with wearing them after washing them there. The same thing happen when I went to dog sit at my brothers house, both have the standard washer. I then started soaking my clothes in hot tab water in the tub then washing them. I found I had a much easier time wearing my clothes till I sat on something I had not cleaned well yet. Then the itching stated up and I had to remove the clothes.
    I can't go to a laundry as it cost too much. Since all bugs are killed with hot water, from what I have read.. ( I'm sure there are exception) this should be thought about since more and more people are buying this type of washers/dryers. Now I also have the HE dryer, which also runs at a lower heat temp, so this did not help. I think for all those that find themselves in the battle of killing bugs, should also keep this in mind. I Just wanted to pass this along.
    Some types of heat can ruin synthetic fabrics and dyes, as well. That's why my first suggestion was freezing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are these light brown tiny bugs that bite? [ 2 Answers ]

The past 2 months my daughter and I have been getting these bites on us. When we get up in the morning we find bites on our back, shoulders, arms, legs and backsides. We are not sure what kind of bites these are but are really tired of them. We have a cat but she has not been scratching or biting...

Tiny white bugs [ 0 Answers ]

They are very small on my coby tablet screen I think there mites. But they don't have wings but they have 6 legs

Tiny black bugs that look like dirt and bite [ 0 Answers ]

I have tiny black bugs that look like dirt, excpet they bite and are everywhere... what are they and how to I get rid of them?

What are these tiny white bugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I worked on a chicken farm last year, and I got an infestation in the carpets clothes,etc I had to wash and disinfect everything but now a year on I'm finding them again in clothes, they are very hard to see and they are white with reddy orange heads, please help it's getting me down and it makes...

View more questions Search