Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jordonj Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2013, 08:25 PM
    My boyfriend gets upset too easily?
    We've been dating for over a month and he can get upset/mad so easily. He's also a very clingy and jealous guy. So in the past he has gotten mad at me for..
    -Thinking I liked another guy when I didn't.
    -He gets mad when I barely respond to his texts or calls (I'll be busy) then when I tell him my reason for not picking up he thinks I'm making up the excuses I give him.
    -And He always thinks something is wrong! It's really annoying. He thinks I'm not happy with him or anything. Everyday he thinks I don't want to talk to him. It's frustrating. I keep denying everything but he barely believes me. Need advice please?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 08:37 PM
    He sounds like a controlling person. It's time to move on, or he will take over your life.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 09:03 PM
    We've been dating for over a month and he can get upset/mad so easily. He's also a very clingy and jealous guy. So in the past he has gotten mad at me for..
    -Thinking I liked another guy when I didn't.
    What made him think you liked another guy? Be honest with yourself. Did you give him a reason to think that?

-He gets mad when I barely respond to his texts or calls (I'll be busy) then when I tell him my reason for not picking up he thinks I'm making up the excuses I give him.
    I don't text, but from what I've seen it's very simple to respond with "I'm really busy right now, I'll get back to you soon". Why can't you do that? I didn't even use text talk and that took me less than 2 seconds to write.

-And He always thinks something is wrong! It's really annoying. He thinks I'm not happy with him or anything. Everyday he thinks I don't want to talk to him. It's frustrating. I keep denying everything but he barely believes me. Need advice please?
    He thinks you're not happy with him. Well, you're here complaining about him, and what he's doing, so obviously he's not completely off. You're obviously not happy with him,

Time to sit down and be honest with each other. Tell him how he makes you feel, and listen when he tells you how you make him feel, then work on finding a middle ground so you can both be happy in this relationship. If you can't, than it's time to move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 09:07 PM
    These kind of issues after only a month will get worse, not better if you allow it, trust me. The real issue is how many chances will you give him before you really are tired of this crap?

He is an insecure control freak. He has issues.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 09:10 PM
    These kind of issues after only a month will get worse, not better if you allow it, trust me. The real issue is how many chances will you give him before you really are tired of this crap?

I tend to agree based on what the OP wrote, but based on all her other posts, I really think this guy deserves the benefit of the doubt. After all, we're only getting one side of the story here.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 9, 2013, 06:26 AM
    After only a month you don't seem happy and neither is he. Why are you still there?

Dec 9, 2013, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    After only a month you don't seem happy and neither is he. Why are you still there?
    He said the arguing is going to stop completely and it has so I'm giving him one more chance to prove to me that things are going to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

I should probably mention this..
    He dated a girl for 3 years, she cheated on him then he dated a rebound girl, she also cheated on him and now he's with me. Now what are you thinking?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 9, 2013, 10:03 AM
    Relationship dysfunction. He isn't healthy enough for a healthy relationship, if what you have written is correct. I only have your side of it and it sounds bad. I would make different choices, better ones. I sure wouldn't choose someone who does what you say he does.

I hope he keeps his word. We'll see but its your choice.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 9, 2013, 10:32 AM
    There is too much drama here. This guy does not seem to be ready for a relationship. How long between you and the other girl?
    As young as this relationship is, I'd walk. I would not put up with jealousy and fits especially after only a month.

Dec 9, 2013, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Relationship dysfunction. He isn't healthy enough for a healthy relationship, if what you have written is correct. I only have your side of it and it sounds bad. I would make different choices, better ones. I sure wouldn't choose someone who does what you say he does.

I hope he keeps his word. We'll see but its your choice.
    Thank you. If nothing gets better then I will leave him. I'll keep you updated

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I get upset so easily with my boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I am currrently living with my boyfriend of 7 months. He is separated and has 4 grown children and his wife lives over 2500 miles away. I just feel like we doing everything for him... his taxes, his job, his children, his grandchildren, going away, doing thing, etc. It is like he forgets I have...

How can I help prevent a child from becoming easily upset? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Actually, my question is in the title. I would like to know some tips that help me prevent my child become an easily-upset boy in future. Thank you

My boyfriend gets jealous too easily! [ 3 Answers ]

I've been going out with my boyfriend for three months now and he is my first proper boyfriend! I REALLY like him, like LOADS and I don't want to loose him but he gets jealous WAY WAY WAY WAY too easily! I've been bestfriends with this other boy for like 2 years now and he knows that! And with this...

My 4 year old gets easily upset when doing her phonics [ 6 Answers ]

My 4-year old gets easily upset when we mention learning/reciting information that she has already been taught. She seems to get overwhelmed and has been known to cry. Do you have any tips on what I can do differently??

Boyfriend gets sexually frustrated so easily [ 9 Answers ]

I'm getting really worried, my boyfriend tells me all the time he loves me and that he doesn't want to come across as a sex pest, which to be honest considering he has such a high sex drive he does come across like that. Thing that bothers me most though is when I'm on my period, he's getting...

View more questions Search