Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeB39 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2013, 11:54 AM
    Poem for a close friend
    Hi guys, I'm a 20-year old guy and wrote this acrostic poem (2hrs) for my close friend's upcoming birthday.(I'm thinking of coupling this with a plush toy of her favourite dog). I admit I do like her more than friends but that's besides the point. Any feedback would be great but keep in mind that I'm no poet nor did I study literature or anything related to poetry.

Ardent and fierce are the words to say,
    Looking at you on the first day,
    Elf-eared and prettily slender,
    Xmas miracle or the 8th wonder?
    As I climbed over your wall,
    Natural beauty, through it all,
    Discovering slowly but surely,
    Riveting, friendly, and so lovely,
    Adorable, funny, even crazy.

Meeting you is indeed enchanting,
    Always kind and ever forgiving,
    Even perhaps a so-called blessing.

Know that whatever I say
    Has only come from what you portray
    Unto you, I wish, Happy 21st Birthday
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 01:36 PM
    It's good and from the heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need a close friend. [ 5 Answers ]

How can I make close friends when I'm in my 40's. I am friendly with my co-workers, but every time I have asked them to do anything outside of work, they are always busy. They have rich social lives, but I feel lonely. I am married, but my husband works all the time. My daughter has already...

Close Friend [ 16 Answers ]

Hi People I Basically seek help, I've in my eyes done all I can to show a very special someone that she means the world to me, and that I really and truly, not with a part of my heart but with the whole of it, I love her I've written her poems, I've done stupid stuff, I've let people go and given...

I slept with a close friend. Now what? [ 7 Answers ]

I’ve been friends with this girl for about a year and we both go to the same college and study the same degree. She, however, has a boyfriend and I have a girl who I’m in an open relationship with. Last night we had a ‘quick catch up dinner’. She told me about all her relationship woes with her...

Poem for a friend. [ 2 Answers ]

You are my weakness, my every joy I can't stop thinking of you Your'e everything i want plus more A world without you is a world of dread Maybe because i can't get you outta my head. Your eyes like warm choocolate Your hair like a waterfall of curls Please accept my heart And i wilnever...

Looking for a close friend [ 7 Answers ]

Well, they really aren't missing, I just lost contact with her when I moved out of state. I am getting married within the next month and I would like to mail her an invite and I tried to find an address, but couldn't. I was wondering if someone knows her address, her name is April bump.

View more questions Search