Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2013, 09:38 AM
    howlng hotwater tank
    What would make a hotwater tank howl
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 5, 2013, 11:27 AM
    Are you on a well or city water? Gas or electric heater? And do you have hard water by chance ?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 5, 2013, 04:14 PM
    A water heater should be completely silent. Tell us what you mean by howling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water preasure from hotwater tank [ 3 Answers ]

All taps in house have no water preasure on hot side but lots on cold can this be fixed?

How long is it safe to have the pilot lite off on a gas hotwater tank [ 19 Answers ]

My pilot light won't stay lit on my gas hotwater tank. It is most likely the thermocouple because the pilot lights up while I am depressing the button but goes immediately when I release it. I turned the dial to off. How long can I have that set that way without the pilot light on? Will gas...

Changed valve on Hotwater tank leads to low flow [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40 Gallon Natural GAZ "GIANT" hot water tank. The Cold water in valve was leaking so I changed the piece. I made sure that the everything was clear and clean and that the valve was a BI-Directional flow. The tubes are PEC and I crimped the O-rings into place and they are a GO. ...

Hot water tank how do I turn it on for my hotwater [ 5 Answers ]

I have not had hot water for 3 days I need a shower, asap , how do I light my pilot where is it I have a gas hot water tank it has a switch that says on,off,and pilot and in the instructions it says to light pilot and hold for 1 min but do I use a lighter or what where is the pilot and how do I...

View more questions Search