Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surefoot1999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2013, 01:13 PM
    1999 travel trailer
    I just sold my travel trailer. The person who bought it found dry rot on the back wall. He wants his money back. We did NOT know it was there. I am obligated to give him his money back? He is now taking me to small claims court. Wouldn't this follow under "as is" laws>>
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Did you sell it "as is "? Anything in writing?
    surefoot1999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2013, 04:31 PM
    No, nothing in writing..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2013, 06:55 PM
    Hard to say without anything written. Not sure he has a case unless he can prove you purposefully hid the damage. No matter what I sell, guns, cars etc, if used, I always mark it "as is"
    "Firearm / car etc., etc., is bought/ sold /traded AS-IS, with no warranty given or implied. Buyer accepts all risks in owning and operating this weapon/car etc and agrees to hold harmless the seller from all and any injuries arising from the use or operation of this weapon/car etc.".
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2013, 07:37 PM
    If you sold it as a travel trailer, is it road worthy? Is inspection required for this class of vehicle in your jurisdiction?
    If it is not fit for use on the road due to structural deficiency, it could be a problem for you because it could be deemed not a travel trailer as claimed by you and/or implied warranty if applicable.
    That might be his approach and he can easily say there was no "as is" discussion if not on bill of sale or any separate written statement of the type ma0641 described.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing in travel trailer [ 0 Answers ]

We have a 2010 greywolfe travel trailer. The water diverter fell out of the faucet in bathtub anyone know how to put it back in.

Title for travel trailer [ 7 Answers ]

We bought a travel trailer from a company in our area picked it up on Friday and was to get all the title paper work on Monday all we ever got was the run around now they have gone put of business and the envy says they have no record of it in our state

Travel trailer lost [ 1 Answers ]

Purchase in LA trailer from Flordia want to register in Tx?

Travel trailer [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a travel trailer from a 3rd party... the trailer has been paid in full... how do I obtain the original title? I have a copy.

View more questions Search