Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AshleyHale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2013, 08:10 PM
    pain in right side
    I am a 16 year old female. For about three months now, I've had this annoying pain in my right side, just below my belly button. It kind of comes and goes and it's not unbearable or anything, it's just throbby and it doesn't hurt when I push on it. I've been constipated, also, and my stool is hard and I've been bleeding from it. (Some days it will be very little blood and others the water in the toilet bowl is red.) I'm worried that it might be appendicitis or something like that, but I haven't had a fever or nausea. I know I probably sound overly worried or crazy, but I'd be very happy for an answer. I went to the doctor a couple months ago after it started and she didn't seem concerned at all.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 11:24 PM
    Time to find another doctor. The pain could be from constipation, as could the bleeding. It's very common to tear your rectum when you're straining to have a bowel movement. A tear will bleed. It could also be hemorrhoids, IBS, cancer, and a long list of other possibilities.

If your doctor won't test to find out what's causing this, won't even look at your rectum to see if there's a tear, isn't concerned at all, than it's time to find a new doctor.

We really can't diagnose online, we can't tell you why this is happening, because we can't test to find answers.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 11:26 PM
    When it started, but now this long after, you should have been to doctor a few times, time to go back, or even another doctor
    Brian12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2013, 07:19 AM
    This sounds like my problem.I thought it was appendix for years .right hand side... blood on tissue in toilet and mucus on stool or sometimes blood... it's possible what you have in colitis or chronic disease... don't worry... it's not as bad as the name sounds... you'll have to take tablets .what happens is the intestine is getting inflamed and you need to take tablets to make it go down.youll have to have a colonoscopy.. which is a camera up the bum to investigate but it sounds exactly like mine... don't worry as the colonoscopy doesn't hurt and you'll be relieved when you finally get your answer. Best of luck brian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower back pain on right side with pain shooting into my and down my leg with burning [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing leg presses at the gym when I felt excruciating pain in my right lower back with pain that shot down my leg. I could barely walk but manage to make to my car and drive home. Needless to say the pain I experienced just from driving was horrific! I needed help getting out of the car when...

Pelvic pain and lower back pain on the left side [ 0 Answers ]

I am having pelvic pain and lower back pain on the left side? Is this any pregnancy symptom or not? Why it usually occurs

Congestive heart failure with pain above waist on right side with rib pain [ 1 Answers ]

What could be the cause of pain or soreness on right side above waist, also shortness of breath

Groin pain in left side and I have a lot of gas then the pain goes away.. [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain in left groin and when i have gas it goes away for awhile but lately the pain is getting worstler and do no go away

Back and side pain on right side [ 2 Answers ]

When I paddle and surf its sore on right lower back. Now injured could not touch feet it hurt.

View more questions Search