Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silky123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Writ of Execution- Time limits?
    I live in Toronto, and have a writ of execution against my house for about $30,000and shows up when I do a writ search at the land registry office. The writ was issued in year 2009. However it does not show on a lien search done on my house. I have not contacted them for many years now.

If I sell the house will this writ still be valid and the money will be taken out before I get the equity?

Is there any time limits on writs of execution against property? Any renewal time limit?

If the answer to above is yes, Is there anyway that writs could also be negotiated. Can I offer them a percentage and they can take the writs off the house?

Any other suggestion will really be appreciated.
    Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a way to stop or at least gain more time on an approved writ of execution? [ 2 Answers ]

I rent a home in housing in our town. I received some papers that I did not understand (2 days before a court date) and I missed the court date. Therefore the writ of execution for possession was granted to Housing. I am trying to pay them and owe them less than one month behind. They want me...

Difference between Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution [ 4 Answers ]

My question: What is the difference between a Writ of Possession and a Writ of Execution?

Writ of execution and writ of possession? [ 1 Answers ]

I understand a writ of possession is complementary to a writ of execution. Under the law, a writ of execution prescribes after a number of years, say 5 years. Supposing the period to execute a judgment of the court has prescribed and the judgment was only partially executed as when for instance...

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm from pgh pa and got a writ of execution letter with a form for an appeal in the mail and now my accts. Are frozen how long do I got until my money in my accts. Will be gone thanks for all your help

Writ of execution [ 1 Answers ]

Can my fed and state tax refunds be garnished with a writ of execution, and will I be notified before hand

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.