Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonicvibe Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2013, 09:24 PM
    Excerpt from a textbook
    there is a part in the textbook I don't understand. If a futures price rises far enough above a cash price to more than cover storage costs and interest expense , commodity traders will undertake cash-futures arbitrage by buying in the cash market and selling in the futures market. "this drives down the futures price and drives up the cash price until the basis is restored to an economically justifiable level". The part in quote I'm confused on. Can someone dumb it down for me why does it drive down the fp and drive up the cash price? Does the future price become the new cash/spot price? That's why cash price drives up? If so what about future price. Why is it driven down. Makes no sense to me. There is a formula carrying-charge market: basis=cash price - futures price < 0 and inverted market: basis = cash price -futures price > 0. please dumb it down for me the quoted part. Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Excerpt mother whale trying to protect her calf from whalers. [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a passage of a mother whale trying to protect her calf from whalers. I thought it was the leviathan but I cannot find it.

Anyone with vb6.0 textbook? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone with vb6.0 textbook? Tnx

Please identify and explain all the mistakes in this excerpt from an essay. [ 3 Answers ]

"Most of the people love quiet, they don't like to be in crowded enviroment if it is unneccessary. That will make them feel nervous. If you are living in a large city and you want to relax, but there are too many people on the street, that is you can't do what you want and you can't go to the...

Textbook problem [ 4 Answers ]

I'm studying Article 215 (Feeders). The "Text book" makes the statement that that the "Grounded" conductor of a FEEDER can be sized no smaller than #4 AWG and points to T. 250.122 in the 2008 NEC to support of this statement. Problem, T 250.122 is addressing "Grounding Conductors", not...

Holt Literature TextBook [ 0 Answers ]

Im Reading The Chapter On The Diary Of Anne Frank And Need Major Help Pronto! Lol email me actually!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.