Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1103 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2013, 05:18 AM
    GE refrigerator fan loud
    The fridge coils on both sides but fan is loud just wondering if I need to take the fan out and clean of is is gone fridge is a .ge gss22wgmc .bb
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2013, 08:44 AM
    I do not understand what you are trying to say, but if the coils are dirty then you need to clean both the coils and the fan blades. If the fan is making noise then the blades must be hitting something. You need to fix whatever is causing it to make the noise. You clean the coils by spraying them down with a spray cleaner and washing off with a water hose nozzle and then vacuuming up with a wet-vac. Here is a service manual for your unit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ile_Artica.pdf
    Since your unit is about 13 years old it must be very dirty if you have not been cleaning it yearly or every six months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My refrigerator made a popping loud sound and it stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

My refrigerator has been making popping sounds for the last two weeks, finally last night it made a popping sound and it stopped working but not the freezer that is still fine. What does this mean?

Heil furnace fan loud [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heil furnace when the fan comes on it is very loud. I am wondering what might be wrong.

Kenmore coldspt refrigerator with loud rumbling noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore coldspot refrigerator model #106 60192000 with a manufacture date of 09/00 is making a loud rumbling/vibrating noise. When you turn the temperature dial all the way down to the warmest setting it kicks down and stops rumbling. What is the noise? How do I fix it?

Loud fan in air handler [ 1 Answers ]

Fan in air handler is noisey, but it works good. We can't hear TV and have to talk load.Is it possiable to get a fan that is quieter and still blows enough air.

Ceiling fan loud [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan. It is very loud. Especially as it speeds up. It is about 4 yrs. Old. And getting worse every year. It is remote controlled. Is there some where I'm suppose to spray WD-40 or something to quiet this thing down? Thank you for your help Teresa

View more questions Search