Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scott4952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2013, 09:59 AM
    Can I cut extra holes/shorten a plastic reservoir barrier in a toilet to flush better
    Can I cut extra holes or shorten a plastic reservoir barrier in a water saver toilet to make it flush better.

I believe it is a Berkeley Series Toilet by Eljer
    The part in question is part #5 at this web site:
    Eljer Toilet Replacement Parts For The Berkeley Series
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 12:56 PM
    Shortening the reservoir will give you more water and may aid in flushing. If you have a problem with flushing, what is it?

Chuck
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 04:26 PM
    Yes, you can cut it to allow more water per flush. But by cutting the reservoir, you will eliminated the ULF designation for the toilet ( Ultra Low Flush ). Also, you may have to replace ( or readjust ) the flopper to allow it to empty entire tank.

Hope that helps.

Milo
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 07:49 PM
    I would suggest removing the reservoir completely and adjusting water fill level such that you have a good flushing action but do not waste water.

you will eliminated the ULF designation for the toilet ( Ultra Low Flush ).
    That is correct but I wouldn't care. I would want a toilet that works and the governments bureaucrats can go stuff it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my toilet flush not reaching right to the front outlet holes? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a close coupled concealed toilet cistern with a push button flush. 6 litres, about 6 years old. The flush is inefficient in that water doesn't flow right to the front outlet holes. I have found a temporary solution (outlined below) but, otherwise, when we flush the toilet the water...

Toilet flush: When I flush the toilet the water does not wash all around the bowl. [ 10 Answers ]

Toilet flush: When I flush the toilet the water does not wash all around the bowl. There is always a section at the front that doesn't get washed. I have tried pushing the end of a wire coat hanger around the rim, and I have used copious amounts of cleaner. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How to get a stronger flush on the old toilet/and holes in rim at top? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in an upper duplex and there are two older toilets (1960's). One is fantastic with a :p strong flush. The other one is so weak and sluggish :( As I am ill, it is quite difficult for me to bend down for any length of time. Someone mentioned that they had heard that perhaps the reason for...

Extra Holes in Double-Skinned Sinks [ 13 Answers ]

Where do I start? Because of a flood at home we found this problem with our sinks. The sinks sit on top and into a two door and series of drawer cabinet. There are extra holes under and to the side of the sinks, (see .bmp attached) to each side of the bowl there are chambers which from...

View more questions Search