Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 31, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Mediation how to
    I could use any info about mediation that anyone might know.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Hello Matt:

Ok, it ain't complicated. You've got one side who thinks one thing, and you've got another side who thinks something different. If he's any good, the mediator brings them together. If not, things go on as they were.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Mediation is fairly simple to understand. What is not so simple is getting there.

Mediation, a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), aims to assist two (or more) disputants in reaching an agreement. The disputes may involve states, organisations, communities, individuals or other representatives with a vested interest in the outcome.

Mediators use appropriate techniques and/or skills to open and/or improve dialogue between disputants, aiming to help the parties reach an agreement (with concrete effects) on the disputed matter. Normally, all parties must view the mediator as impartial.

Mediation can apply in a variety of disputes. These include commercial, legal, diplomatic, workplace, community and divorce or other family matters.

For more detail see:

Mediation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mediation (employment related)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mediation [ 2 Answers ]

My friend took a dna test and the child is his. She's 2 1/2 months old now and he is seeking 50/50 joint custody, what is his chance of getting it? I think the judge will not give him joint custody because the child is so small and has been living with the mother since birth. And also will the...

Divorce mediation rip off [ 5 Answers ]

This is complicated. I'll try to keep it short. Here goes. My wife moved out of the house and left me with our 2 children. I filed for divorce. When she got the papers she lied and said the kids were living with her and therefore got temporary custody. While she had temporary custody, she moved...

Mediation or Insurance? [ 10 Answers ]

I accidentally bumped into the car in front of me and caused a small crack on the back bumper of the car in front. However, because of the crack, the driver says he needs to replace his whole bumper which would probably cost over $600. He said he will not call my insurance if I agree to give...

View more questions Search