Ask
    computer nerd Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2013, 01:18 PM
    How do I get the sims 2 to work on windows 8
    I been wanting to get it to work for a while is there a patch for it
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 9, 2013, 04:08 AM
    Hi there

Try running the game using xp sp3 compatibility mode. Below is a Youtube link to show you to do this.
    Adjusting Compatibility mode for Programs in Windows 8 - YouTube

Giving you errors? Try installing the latest patches for Sims 2 and then try Running it in compatibility mode. You should be able to find them on Google. Sims 2 patches.
    The EA Support site is down currently so cannot past a link.
    Megagames.com also has patches sometimes. Games with No name Patches | MegaGames

Hope this helps
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sims 2 compatible with sims 3 [ 2 Answers ]

So I got a windows 8 laptop but my sims 2 games won't work how do I make them work with out crashing.I have tried everything

Will Sims 3 Work on my Computer? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been dying to get Sims 3 for ages, but I have heard that it won't work on my computer, which is a "Windows Vista Buisness" (WVB). I have had Sims 2 and Sims 2 pets installed for about a year and never had any problems with it. Can any one tell me if Sims 3 would work on my computer...

Does windows eight work on 32 bit windows vista [ 8 Answers ]

Trying to see if explorer 8 is compatible with my 32 bit windows vista

Quad-band dual sim phones where both sims work simultaneously [ 1 Answers ]

I have found quite a few quad-band phones on eBay and elsewhere that have dual sim slots. None of them say that both sims can be used simultaneously, and I'm quite sure a lot of people buy them, assuming that they do. After asking a few of the sellers about this, with no replies, I assume that...

Will windows 2002 work with windows 2003? [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in getting a pocket PC. It is using windows 2002 software but my PC uses 2003 so will it still work? For example if I use it to write something using theword program on the pocket PC will it still open on my home PC? Thanks Jack

View more questions Search