Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Just in time for the big #WHYouth kickoff, HHS has chosen a $2000 winner in it's Obamacare propaganda contest with a video called "Forget About The Price Tag." No, seriously.

Without a hint of irony, McDonald sings her chorus: “Ain’t about the, uh, cha-ching cha-ching. Ain’t about the, yeah, bla-bling bla-bling. Affordable Care Act. Don’t worry ’bout the price tag.”

Read more: 'Forget About The Price Tag' video wins HHS Obamacare prize | The Daily Caller
    Aren't any of you true believers starting to see how creepy this regime is?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 5, 2013, 08:09 AM
    It doesn't bother you that everyone thinks you guys are creepier than the regime?
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2013, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    It doesn't bother you that everyone thinks you guys are creepier than the regime?
    Unpopular? Yeah, so are Democrats and increasingly - Obama. No one can out-creepy this regime.
    Attached Images

Expert

Dec 5, 2013, 08:40 AM
    Read the news, everybody is pissed about working hard at minimum wage jobs and being on food stamps which you guys are cutting. Don't pay 'em, don't help 'em, because they are addicted to the sugar.
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Read the news, everybody is pissed about working hard at minimum wage jobs.
    Wow, you got the memo, too.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Well how the hell does a 40 year old minimum wage earner with two teen age kids pay their utility bills, and feed the three of them?
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2013, 10:34 AM
    Well how the hell does a 40 year old minimum wage earner with two teen age kids pay their utility bills, and feed the three of them?
    Get a different job. Oh that's right, there are none. I'm pretty sure that qualifies her for all manner of government assistance and tax credits, especially if her employer had to turn her full time job into a part time job thanks to Obamacare. Raise the minimum to $15 and let's see how long she has that job.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2013, 11:26 AM
    Giving CEO's millions in raises didn't ruin his job, and cutting his taxes didn't either.
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2013, 12:38 PM
    Giving CEO's millions in raises didn't ruin his job, and cutting his taxes didn't either.
    And that's why a 40 year old is working a minimum wage job?
    Expert

Dec 5, 2013, 12:59 PM
    Try and keep up, we lost million and millions of jobs during the global meltdown, and millions before that when factory jobs were sent overseas. They have been replaced mostly with minimum wage service jobs. To add to all those displaced workers who had good jobs more women and young people compete for those jobs too, and that make for more people than jobs.

Yeah that 40 year old who wants to work takes what he can, so does the 28 year old female with kids, after her divorce, and there are millions of stories like that. Now I am not against making jobs in Mexico, or India, but taking care of USA should come first, right? I mean those low wage workers need assistance, oh maybe not the kid with pimples but that mom or dad with kids does, and that comes out of everybody's pocket, which some don't mind, but many do, and don't want to give them a damn thing, but would rather take it away from them.

With me so far? Good, Now the guy who makes millions (BILLIONS EVEN) and rides planes doesn't want to pay a fair or living wage, so he threatens to raise the price of whatever he sells, AND gets all kind of tax breaks and money shelters to keep him rich. So why should he care about the low wage workers who make him rich?

SO!! To sum up the rich guy who gets the tax breaks and shelters, also get workers that need food stamps to supplement a poverty level income. And that's how we get working poor people, with mouths to feed of ALL ages. Just think, a .5% increase in taxes would make some really good jobs for skilled laborers building bridges, and roads and save us a lot of loot on that social safety net. But if you rather go back to workers organizing and demanding more money or shutdown Wendy's and McDonalds, that's cool too.

Caught up yet?
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Try and keep up, we lost million and millions of jobs during the global meltdown, and millions before that when factory jobs were sent overseas. They have been replaced mostly with minimum wage service jobs. To add to all those displaced workers who had good jobs more women and young people compete for those jobs too, and that make for more people than jobs.

Yeah that 40 year old who wants to work takes what he can, so does the 28 year old female with kids, after her divorce, and there are millions of stories like that. Now I am not against making jobs in Mexico, or India, but taking care of USA should come first, right? I mean those low wage workers need assistance, oh maybe not the kid with pimples but that mom or dad with kids does, and that comes out of everybody's pocket, which some don't mind, but many do, and don't want to give them a damn thing, but would rather take it away from them.

With me so far? Good, Now the guy who makes millions (BILLIONS EVEN) and rides planes doesn't want to pay a fair or living wage, so he threatens to raise the price of whatever he sells, AND gets all kind of tax breaks and money shelters to keep him rich. So why should he care about the low wage workers who make him rich?

SO!! To sum up the rich guy who gets the tax breaks and shelters, also get workers that need food stamps to supplement a poverty level income. And that's how we get working poor people, with mouths to feed of ALL ages. Just think, a .5% increase in taxes would make some really good jobs for skilled laborers building bridges, and roads and save us a lot of loot on that social safety net. But if you rather go back to workers organizing and demanding more money or shutdown Wendy's and McDonalds, that's cool too.

Caught up yet?
    What exactly had Obama dine to create jobs? I mean besides those for his green energy cronies making gazillions at taxpayer expense.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Ask the job creators why they have a title they can't live up to. I can't believe all of a sudden the prez is supposed to create jobs. Is it his fault you guys don't believe in building roads, bridges, and schools? Those are good paying skill jobs and there is plenty of work, and interest rates are at an all time low. Hell they were at 0.

You can't ask rich guys who use those roads and bridges to help? They don't pay taxes anyway. And you say we are broke and can do NOTHING? That's the best you got?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2013, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    What exactly had Obama dine to create jobs? I mean besides those for his green energy cronies making gazillions at taxpayer expense.
    But..but green energy jobs are the jobs of the future, takes a lot of skill to erect those towers and lots of steel to make them
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Melissa "you're children don't belong to you but don't I look great in tampon earrings" Harris-Perry has just informed us that the term "Obamacare" is basically just like using the N-word.

I want to talk today about a controversial word. It’s a word that has been with us for years. And like it or not, it’s indelibly printed in the pages of American history. A word that was originally intended as a derogatory term, meant to shame and divide and demean. The word was conceived of by a group of wealthy white men who needed a way to put themselves above and apart from a black man. To render him inferior and unequal and to diminish his accomplishments.

President Obama has been labelled with this word by his opponents. And at first he rose above it, hoping that if he could just make a cause for what he achieved, his opponents would fail in making their label stick. But no matter how many successes that he had as president, he realized there were still many people for whom he’d never be anything more than that one disparaging word. A belief he knew was held not just by his political opponents, but also by a significant portion of the American electorate.

And so he decided, if you can’t beat them, you’ve got to join them. And he embraced the word and made it his own, sending his opposition a message they weren’t expecting -- 'if that’s what you want me to be, I’ll be that.' Y’all know the word that I’m talking about. Obamacare. That's right! I said it and I’m not ashamed and neither is President Obama. Because he knows that of all his victories over two terms in office his legacy is ultimately going to be remembered for this one single word.
    Um, Melissa dear, perhaps you aren't old enough to remember "Hillarycare," or forgot about "Romneycare," or didn't do your due diligence and discover that the term wasn't coined by rich white men at all, it's just named after the guy behind it just like the others and just as much actual legislation is referred to after the authors, like McCain-Feingold.

Obama gave it to us, he's going to own it. You don't get to stir up racial BS and distance yourself from it because it's flopping.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Melissa "you're children don't belong to you but don't I look great in tampon earrings" Harris-Perry has just informed us that the term "Obamacare" is basically just like using the N-word.

Um, Melissa dear, perhaps you aren't old enough to remember "Hillarycare," or forgot about "Romneycare," or didn't do your due diligence and discover that the term wasn't coined by rich white men at all, it's just named after the guy behind it just like the others and just as much actual legislation is referred to after the authors, like McCain-Feingold.

Obama gave it to us, he's going to own it. You don't get to stir up racial BS and distance yourself from it because it's flopping.
    it would seem from the debate that attaching the word care to the ACA is a serious mistake but there is nothing racial about it, it embraces all races
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2013, 07:39 AM
    Who knew Kanye West had such an important and dangerous job?

"I'm just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally," West said to host Garrett, referring to his tour performances of songs like "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and "Coldest Winter," during which he stands on top of a moving mountain.

"That mountain goes really, really high," he continued. "And if I slipped … You never know. And I think about it. I think about my family and I'm like ‘Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something.’"

Read more: Kanye West compares his work to police officers, soldiers at war - NY Daily News
    No Kanye, it's not. Shut up and sing.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Alan Grayson Lost $18 Million In Investment Fraud Scheme

McLEAN, Va. (AP) — U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida lost $18 million in a scheme that cheated him and about 120 other investors out of more than $35 million, according to court papers.

The Virginia man who ran the scheme, William Dean Chapman, was sentenced Friday in federal court to 12 years in prison. Prosecutors say Chapman used the money to fund a lavish lifestyle including a Lamborghini, a Ferrari and a $3 million home.

In most of the court papers, Grayson's identity is protected — prosecutors say only that an elected official with the initials A.G. was the primary victim — but documents twice mention Grayson by name. The Democratic congressman on Monday confirmed he is the A.G. mentioned in the documents.

Nothing in the court papers suggests Grayson was anything but a victim of the scheme. Grayson, a former trial attorney, said he has had a long record for picking winning stocks, which formed the basis for his personal fortune.
    If he had $18 million to lose he should have shared it with those of us less fortunate. But I get it, it's the railing against greedy capitalists and advocating for the downtrodden that counts, not leading by example.
    Expert

Dec 10, 2013, 09:42 AM
    Why can't he do both? I mean Ted rails against poor people getting insurance while he and his wife have a Cadillac plan and that doesn't bother you guys at all.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2013, 10:10 AM
    Why can't he do both? I mean Ted rails against poor people getting insurance while he and his wife have a Cadillac plan and that doesn't bother you guys at all.
    Contrary to your MSNBC/Daily KOS/Democratic Underground alternate reality, Republicans don't hate poor people and want to deny them health care, but feel free to point out where Cruz has taken that position. But always interesting to watch you defend your rich, white liberal friends.
    Expert

Dec 10, 2013, 10:34 AM
    Contrary to your MSNBC/Daily KOS/Democratic Underground alternate reality, Republicans don't hate poor people and want to deny them health care, but feel free to point out where Cruz has taken that position. But always interesting to watch you defend your rich, white liberal friends.
    I have all kinds of friends, rich, poor and various colors and creeds (Yes TParty conservatives too!! ). But fact is you guys always are coming up with cuts and exclusions of poor people and give free stuff to your rich white conservative friends, and the votes and bills bear that out are public record.

>Too many links to back that up<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search