Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2013, 07:46 PM
    What kind of evidence are lawyers looking for to prove wrongful termination?
    My girlfriend wants to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against her former employer because she believes she was fired for filing a workers compensation claim in the state of Virginia. What kind of evidence does she need to convince lawyers that she has a case?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2013, 08:05 PM
    First, she will need to show why she feels she was fired because of a WC claim. Was she on disability? Get a settlement?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 30, 2013, 06:12 AM
    It's not about 'convincing' lawyers. She calls some, and they tell her what they need, no ifs ands or buts. They decide very quickly. If she was denied WC, I don't see her finding a lawyer. If she feels she has a case for being denied WC, she sues for that first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A movie about two lawyers that try to prove a man's innocence [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie when I was younger, so just bare with me please? I only remember bits and pieces of it. It's about a younger, blonde hair lawyer and a bigger, older lawyer trying to prove a man's innocence. He is on trial for murder, killing a woman. When their questioning the town, one of the...

Does cps have to have evidence to prove me unfit? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 17 cps is saying I have to send my baby away to her grandmas in dallas until I get all my classes done.she has no reason to say that I'm unfit I've been trying as hard as possible doing everything she says.

Evidence in wrongful termination [ 6 Answers ]

I am involved in a wrongful termination case which is headed for arbitration. I have been shown various pieces of material evidence (letter, documents, etc) that my former employer has acquired to use against me. My lawyer has copies of the evidence. My question is am I personally permitted to...

Wrongful termination [ 3 Answers ]

I was fired after 6 months with no reason. I had filed a Sexual Harassment complaint against the clinic manager and the response was that they felt no sexual harassment had happened. After that complaint I was was still being harassed in other ways and called HR to set up a meeting to discuss...

View more questions Search