Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelcii_x Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2007, 02:49 AM
    Belly percings and swimming together? Confused! Xx
    Heya I'm getting my belly percied on the 3rd of April and going on holiday on the 23rd of April the pool is salt water I think so will it be all right to swim if I clean it after and make sure I do everything right because my mom thinks I should wait until after holiday to be safe but the reason I want it done is to show it off on holiday!! Help!! Xxxxxxxx:confused: thankz :D
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 03:02 AM
    Hi Kel,

I know you won't like this , but I think Mom is right. I had mine pierced about a month ago, and it is still healing. It takes anywhere from 6 months to a year to heal. The first week, the LAST thing I wanted to do, was jump in a pool.

With a navel piercing, your first major concern is infection. Find a REPUTABLE REPUTABLE
    Piercing place. Please make sure they are clean and very careful about what they are doing. Give them a call and ask them what they think.

Also, here is a very helpful website. You should take a look at it.

BODY PIERCING RESOURCES: BODY PIERCING AND BODY JEWELRY INFORMATION AT TRIBALECTIC

Kel, you will have another holiday next year. If you get it done, your holiday will be consumed with being concerned about your piercing. Some people have no problems, but for me, the first week, I was uncomfortable.

My piercing, after a month, is still a little red, which is normal.

I hope this information helps you. Please don't be disapointed. Enjoy your holiday, worry free of whether your naval piercing will get infected or not. When you get back from holiday, then, get your piercing and you will be better focused to take care of it. Next year, on your holiday :):) you can show it off then. Trust me, you will be glad you waited.

By the way, the piercing itself didn't really hurt, just a little pinch. :):)

Enjoy your holiday :) (and listen to Mom ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swimming benefits [ 3 Answers ]

Why is swimming such a good form of exercise what are the benefits?

Swimming [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me where do they teach swimming to kids in borivli

Dogs and swimming [ 3 Answers ]

I take my lab swimming regularly and was wondering how long can he swim for without coming back. The reason I ask is that he sometines can't find the ball but will not come back without it and I worry that he might not make it back. Any info is appreciated.

Okay -- Swimming. [ 1 Answers ]

This really isn't a question. I joined swim team because I like to swim, I am not thin, but definitely not fat. I have gotten so well toned and built in upper arms/calves/shoulders. This is after about 2 weeks, and the season is another 3 months. I suggest if you want a workout to really help...

Menstration and Swimming [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot get me daughter to use a tampon. She is a swimmer and now teaches swimming. I can't find any info on being in the pool with a light period. Any for sure answers out there?

View more questions Search