Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlubovarnold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2005, 09:35 AM
    Campaign money
    When an candidate decides to no longer run for office either drops out or isn't running for the next term, does he/she get to keep the money raised on their behalf? If not, what happens to it? Thank you.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2005, 12:15 PM
    Federal funds must be returned to Tresury . Private funds they are free to create a "war chest"for future campaigns;or they can give their funds to another candidate, give it to the political party, or they can give it to charity;or to pay off any debts incured from the previous campaign . They may not spend it on themselves.

Kerry got a lot of flack from Democrats who complained that he did not share funds with other candidates ,and many close local elections could've gone the other way if he had. He ended up with a huge unused war-chest after the election. He had more than $15 million unspent contributions in accounts from the Democratic primaries alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Money Pit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a legal question, I bought my house a few months ago. I noticed the carpets to be drenched one day after rain storm in master bedroom. I had a home inspection, nothing in it to say they ever had flood problems. I called a plumber, shower pan leaking in master bath, I get...

Money is there any? [ 1 Answers ]

Want to see the Federal Reserve bank president of New York admit that there is no "money"? On June 12th watch the Travel channel and see for yourself! Get your VCRs, Tivo, and all other recording devices ready!! ...

I have no money so you pay [ 13 Answers ]

Went to the store. I need stuff and so did my girlfriend. But, as soon as we parked and started walking in she tells me she forgot her checkbook. I said, OK we will just put it on my card. And it was my understanding she was going to pay me back. A couple days later she has not paid me back and has...

Money [ 3 Answers ]

Does any body know what the pay is for underwater welders may be? I am starting at the Ocean Corporation in May and was wondering how much I can expeat to earn.

Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 23 years old I live in the countryside in South Australia, I have a girlfriend that I have been seeing for a year and 8 months I really want to win some money to get a house together, I would like to know if I will win a lot or some money to buy a house in the near future if you could tell...

View more questions Search