Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amitche8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2013, 06:43 PM
    Abnormally high blood sugar reading
    I was diagnosed w/pneumonia at 5 PM yesterday. Urgent Care phys said my blood sugar readings might spike due to medication she was prescribing, but gave no instructions about what to do when that happened. Today at 3:30 my blood sugar reading was 401. I took my "regular AM" meds. [1,000 mg Glucophage & 5 mg Glucotrol.] Ate and went to sleep. At 7:30 reading went down to 233. Ate a 4 oz hamburger w/ swiss cheese & 1/2 a medium sweet potato. Should I take my LANTUS SOLO STAR injection? If so, how much? My normal Medication (b4 bedtime) is 1,000 mg Glucophage, 5 mg Glucotrol and 46 units of Lantus Solo Star insulin. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    ANGELA MITCHELL
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 06:49 PM
    Call the doctor that treated you. It's very dangerous to ask advice about your medication, or your health, online. Your doctor treated you, knows your history, prescribed the meds. It's best to get advice from your doctor.

Good luck.
    joannelemke Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2013, 08:04 PM
    If you are worried about high blood sugar levels then stick with a protein and fat diet, limit the carbs you have. That meal you had is OK as long as you didn't eat a hamburger bun with it.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Considering the above information it looks like she's got type 2 diabetes or is in the grey zone for it. Diet alone can't really regulate it at this point. A visit to her doctor for instruction is the best. If she wants to regulate this more via diet then talk to a nutritionist would be more effective.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 10:03 AM
    If OP is on insulin and glucofage, then this is considered well established type 2 diabetes, no grey area here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High Blood Sugar After Sex [ 0 Answers ]

Questions from the church members: After sex the male blood sugar is high. Also he is a diabetic two. His adrenal gland had a lesion on it from 1975. The doctors told him it was benign and not to worry about it. You would think the sex is a form of exercise And the blood sugar would be...

High blood sugar/ humalog quick pen [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. My sugars have been high. My diet has been right on along with excersize. Can I use.my insulin to lower it?

High Blood Sugar [ 2 Answers ]

I am a type 2 Diabetic. I took my Blood sugar 1-2 hours after a mean and it was 150... I then realized I had forgotten my Morning dose of Metformin. So I took my Meds 1 hour later I retested and it was up to 154. Kind of freaking me out as I am 41/2 months pregnant. What up what should I do

My heart rate's abnormally high while working out [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently just joined a gym normally I run outside. I've checked my heart rate while running and it's been at 188. I wasn't really tired and didn't feel like I couldn't run anymore I just checked because my face felt really hot. I wasn't really concerned until I said something about it my...

Abnormally high mineral deposits [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, thanks for taking the time to help me out. We're the original owners of a two story home built in late 2002. I've noticed we have an unbelievable amount of mineral deposits in our plumbing. None of our neighbors are experiencing the same problems. I have to clean out the cold water...

View more questions Search