Ask
    arcey59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2013, 06:10 AM
    How large should my paging file size be for movie maker 2.6
    Mine is presently set at 24576 mb.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 28, 2013, 06:13 AM
    As a rule of thumb, your page file should be between 1.5 and 2 times your installed RAM.
    With modern Windows you don't need to worry about it as the OS automgically manages it for you.

24.5 GIG is far too large and may actual cause performance issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make paging number in two types in one word file? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 198 pages word file. I have to make page numbering in 20 first pages in I,ii,iii and the rest in 1,2,3, But the problem is that when I try to do so, it changes from page 21! Surprisingly. I don`t know what`s the reason.

Save Windows Movie Maker file [ 2 Answers ]

I have exhausted of trying to save a .mswmm file to movie format. I tried to save it after adding subtitles and deleteing some clips. But of no avail. When I choose "Save As Movie File", Save is never complete. Sometimes after 14% sometimes after 25%. And the message I get "Windows Movie Maker can...

Windows Movie Maker File Not Saved [ 1 Answers ]

I need to rotate some video clips so opened one in Windows Movie Maker. I had no trouble figuring out how to ratate it then went to file and clicked save project. I read elsewhere that to complete the save I need to continue with the save movie wizard but none appeared. The "project" was not saved...

How important is the paging file that windows uses as RAM [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I would like to ask why is it important that windows uses a part of the hard disk memory as an additional RAM? I want to free up some space and I'm not sure if it is a good solution or not to modify the Page file. I also looked up in "dxdiag" and it says that I have a total paging...

Movie Maker to DVD - reducing saved file size [ 2 Answers ]

I have recorded from video cassette to my computer. Two movies created in Movie Maker. 1st 30mins. 2nd about 80mins. Saved to computer as separate DV-AVI files so I can play back on TV after burning to DVD's. Thought I could burn each to blank DVD as they are 700mb (80mins). However, when saved to...

View more questions Search