Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FRANCIS MODELL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 03:05 PM
    Chemistry Answers Free
    Sulfur atom 16 electrons total 2s,2p shell 8,3s,3p shell 6 1s 2,
    When reacting w/ 4oxygen atoms,which 2 electrons are lost,making the sulfur atom a cation +2.the 4 oxgen atoms? Which ones? If they xfer to the oxygen atoms -2? They would make the oxygen contain 9 electrons giving them a negative chge. -1,i.e.an anion?

Check out some similar questions!

Where to ask chemistry questions and get answers [ 1 Answers ]

A flask capacity 1 liter is heated form 250c to 350c. What volume of air will escape from the flask?

Answers to my chemistry questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hydrogen gas is collected by water displacement.Total volume collected is 0.461 L at a temperature of 17 degrees C and a pressure of 0.989 atm. What is the pressure of dry hydrogen gas collected?

Check My answers? Chemistry! [ 3 Answers ]

My answers are on the bottom. Electrostatic interaction is important for which type of bond? A. ionic bond B. triple covalent bond C. single covalent bond

Answers to chemistry conversions [ 1 Answers ]

64.7killograms convert into milligrams

Chemistry? I'm supposed to find the answers on my own, but any help is appreciated [ 2 Answers ]

Part 1 Self-Ionization of Water: Read each question carefully and select the best answer. (Each question is worth one point) 1)The self-ionization of water occurs when ____________. a)water is mixed with salt b)water molecules are broken apart by adding electricity to the water...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.