Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrs_ctz817 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Strange behavior
    My cat Hades which is about 2 yrs old is acting strange. Dilated eyes, meowing strangely, hiding, also he's naturally not lovable but never hides. He actually climbed into my lap so I could pet him, but whe I tried moving he meowed at me aggressively. I took him off after he hissed at me. He walked off hissed again, jumped on a chair and went to sleep. He looks like he's gained weight in the past few days. He looks like he's gained weight in the past few days. He's close to my daughter. She's been gone a few days for the holidays. Could that be it? I think he's acted this way before just not so aggressive. Hades is an inside/outside cat.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 12:33 PM
    Cats are very astute, that is why they are so Inscrutable. Hades is probably missing someone and is just being difficult, but the weight gain is worrisome and cats are prone to diabetes at any age. I think a vet visit is in order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange behavior on the net [ 3 Answers ]

As I've mentioned before, I am pretty active on a few social websites. So I made friends with this one guy (Brandon 37 years old) online of course - nothing romantic, just a platonic friendship. Well, I don't understand this guy's behavior. He had a fight with one of his buddies (Jeremy 42...

Strange behavior [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a female young cat (just became one year old). I got her from the asiel when she was about 7 mounts old. She came from a family with another animal and they had to give her away because the two animals couldn't get along. She adapted quite quickly. She was in the beginning...

Strange behavior [ 9 Answers ]

We have 17 cats that get along pretty well. Once in a while there is a fight but one of our cats Chester who is about 5 years old is acting strange around Jackson, about 1 year old. It seems every time the 1 year old mewos or is vocal the 5 year old jumps on the one year old back and bites his...

Strange behavior [ 5 Answers ]

Why would our 8mo old female dachshund puppy suddenly urinate on my husband in the middle of the night? She has been housebroke for at least 4 mo. Loves both of us. Is not a problem and well behaved otherwise. This has happened only one other time when she was very young. Thank you, sharon

Husband's strange behavior [ 2 Answers ]

I am eight months pregnant, and have a 2-year old. I have been married for 5 years, and have been with my husband for a total of 10 years. My husband and I have had very few problems in the past, very minor little things. The past 6 months have been wonderful, though, as we have truly been...

View more questions Search