Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zelos Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 10:44 PM
    Making scars go away
    Okay well I used to be a cutter and well I stopped. Good yes. But the scars are still there. And I'm 17 and I don't want my mother to see. I'm her one and only so she's really baby's me a lot.

I used a 1/2 cup of salt mixed with 2 tbs of olive oil and 2tbs of lemon and put that on it the morning. Then at noon I put on vid E. and at night I put on tooth paste and leave it there over night.

I wantot know if there is a way to make them go away as quick as possible.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 01:31 AM
    I am sorry you were a cutter and glad you stopped. You know the scars will never entirely go away but it seems you are doing all the right things to lessen their appearance.

The salt and olive oil are a good idea but you have missed the point. The salt is an exfoliant (seal salt is best) and you should rub gently so you won't take too much skin off at one time and the olive oil softens the skin. Vitamin E is excellent and an application at night is the best time too, as well as throughout the day. I think most people use the vitamin E in the gel caps and break them open to apply but you can buy Vitamin E in a syrupy liquid form too.

Good luck.

Mar 31, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    I am sorry you were a cutter and glad you stopped. You know the scars will never entirely go away but it seems you are doing all the right things to lessen their appearance.

The salt and olive oil are a good idea but you have missed the point. The salt is an exfoliant (seal salt is best) and you should rub gently so you wont take too much skin off at one time and the olive oil softens the skin. Vitamin E is excellent and an application at night is the best time too, as well as throughout the day. I think most people use the vitamin E in the gel caps and break them open to apply but you can buy Vitamin E in a syrupy liquid form too.

Good luck.
    Okay, I used the stuff in the bottle. I mixed the salt and lemon and olive oil to gether and I take a small spoon and put in on there then rub it in gently so that it gets in. but the tooth paste seems to work the best out of anything but thank you.
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 10:27 AM
    But you don't rub it so 'it gets in' zelos, you rub it (salt, olive oil) to exfoliate the skin around and on the scar, you are actually abrading the scar so the scar tissue will lessen. I don't know what the lemon juice is supposed to do other then bleach the skin. You don't need it bleached.

Mar 31, 2007, 06:27 PM
    I put it on with a make up cloth wipeing it over, and I think the lemon juice is meant to bleach out the scar.

But tooth paste works really well Idk y but it dose
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 31, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Self-injury can be dangerous. Cutting can lead to infections, scars, numbness, and even hospitalization and death. People who hurt themselves are going through traumatic experiences, such as strong emotions, depression, intense pressure, or upsetting relationship problems. I think you should talk to your parents so that they can help you. If you are afraid to talk to your parents, then talk with someone you trust, like a teacher, counselor or doctor.

Cuts can take months to fully heal. When your wounds are healed, try using Mederma to help reduce the scarring. Also, silicone-containing gels, creams, and bandages have been helpful in reducing scars. Many other techniques involve the use of skin grafting, laser surgery, dermabrasion, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion.
    Cezle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 02:53 AM
    Hello,, Is it okay to take different kinds of vitamins daily? Even its 500 mg each... like vit for the bone, skin, and skin lightening? Answer me... because I intake lots of vit everyday without thinking of being overdose...

Apr 2, 2007, 03:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    Self-injury can be dangerous. Cutting can lead to infections, scars, numbness, and even hospitalization and death. People who hurt themselves are going through traumatic experiences, such as strong emotions, depression, intense pressure, or upsetting relationship problems. I think you should talk to your parents so that they can help you. If you are afraid to talk to your parents, then talk with someone you trust, like a teacher, counselor or doctor.

Cuts can take months to fully heal. When your wounds are healed, try using Mederma to help reduce the scarring. Also, silicone-containing gels, creams, and bandages have been helpful in reducing scars. Many other techniques involve the use of skin grafting, laser surgery, dermabrasion, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion.

Well I quit doing it. Not by my choices. I still the out cast I am. But I'm trying to get hem to go away. I was good about keep things from not getting infected. But I jut want them to go away so I don't get in troubble. And one of my teachers knows and is always threatening me with it.

Apr 2, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezle
    Hello,,, Is it okay to take different kinds of vitamins daily? even its 500 mg each.... like vit for the bone, skin, and skin lightening? answer me .... coz i intake lots of vit everyday without thinking of being overdose....
    It won't hurt you. Unless you take more then it says on the bottle. But I don't even think taking a whole bottle of vitmine E will hurt you.
    Cezle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
    it won't hurt you. unless you take more then it says on the bottle. but I don;t even think taking a whole bottle of vitmine E will hurt you.

Thank you so much... at least it cnrelieve me now because I'm thnking a lot now of it
    Amber101 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Apr 11, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Dear Zelos, I used to get real itchy skin on my arms after shaving and after years of scratching I ended up with dark marks which I believe are sacrs. I used a scar serum by "palmers" containing shark oil, I have to say my scars are not gone and I was using it for 6 months 3 times a day but there is a slight improvement.

If you have to face the public then how about trying a cover cream that is water resistant?

GOOD LUCK!

Apr 11, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber101
    Dear Zelos, I used to get real itchy skin on my arms after shaving and after years of scratching i ended up with dark marks which i believe are sacrs. I used a scar serum by "palmers" containing shark oil, i have to say my scars are not gone and i was using it for 6 months 3 times a day but there is a slight improvement.

If you have to face the public then how about trying a cover cream that is water resistant?

GOOD LUCK!
    Thank you I live a little ways away from a kroger when I get enough money I was planning on doing something like that cause I'm starting to reach the reality of them not going away. And I keep thinking of my future and some guy leaving me cause of something I did when I was 16.

Apr 11, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Im so glad that you have tried to address a problem, Ive also heard bio oil is good but it hasn't really worked for me, you can try coco butter its not that expensive. If I find anything else ill keep you posted.

Apr 11, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber101
    Im so glad that you have tried to address a problem, Ive also heard bio oil is good but it hasnt really worked for me, you can try coco butter its not that expensive. If i find anything else ill keep you posted.
    okay. I used vitmin e oil and some things randomly, but it hasn't changed in a while
    so I'm just thinking of cover up. Know any good ones for light skined people, or taned
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Being in the sun can to marvelous things. It is a great healer and can over time diminish the scars. If you use a cover up you will start to depend on it and be saddled with applying something forever. You will not have the scars, as they appear to you today, forever.

Apr 12, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    Being in the sun can to marvelous things. it is a great healer and can over time diminish the scars. If you use a cover up you will start to depend on it and be saddled with applying something forever. You will not have the scars, as they appear to you today, forever.
    Okay I thouhg teanning would be bad dragigng out the colour in your skin getting in stuck I nthe cross fibers in your arm that make the scars.

My paramedica friend told me that since they are as old as they are they won't fade any more most likely.

But I have that dumb hand lotion I got that makes you look tan cause I had stripes on my feet so I put that on to make it fade, would that held along with using a cover up.

And what would be a good brand of cover up.

Apr 12, 2007, 12:55 PM
    There is one called cover veil and another called covermark, if your from the usa then I'm not sure where you can get these from but you may want to do a search on the net. They are waterproof and used by people who want to cover up tatoos, rosacea and scars. Checkout there websites and take a look.
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 02:25 PM
    I have had scars over the years received from various animal bites, scrapes, misses with various knives, utensils, saws, etc. and to be quite truthful, I have to look pretty hard to find them now. I tan easily and am out in the open during the summer and always have been. Possibly why my scars aren't all that visible.

If you use a self tanner the scar won't tan as well as the area around it.

Apr 12, 2007, 02:30 PM
    I am from the us so I don't know if I will be able to find them, I tan easly in the summer but I turn white around November when it is to cold to be out side.

I have a wedding to go to may 12 and I just want them to fade becaues warm weather is coming and I would like to have clear skin

But I used some of this scar remover called scar zone and it worked a bit. I though the tube was empty but there was still some in there so I used it and over the last 12 hours it has disappeared a little.
    Titaiiztha1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
    okay well I used to be a cutter and well I stopped. good yes. but the scars are still there. and I'm 17 and I don't want my mother to see. I'm her one and only so she's really babys me a lot.

I used a 1/2 cup of salt mixed wiht 2 tbs of olive oil and 2tbs of lemon and put that on it the morning. then at noon I put on vid E. and at night I put on tooth paste and leave it there over night.

I wantot know if there is a way to make them go away as quick as possable.
    I have a lot of scars on my body too and my mom tells me to use cocoa butter

I don't use it consistently, which I should, but I don't which is probably why my scars are not going anywhere but hey its worth a try!

Hope it helps you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scars [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know from anybody who has any advice on how to reduce scar tissue or even if there is any way that the scars can be removed. I have a close relative that has suffered from depression and as a result has self harmed in the past. The scars are a nasty reminder of the past...

Help remove old scars? [ 17 Answers ]

I have this old scar on my leg since I was little.. I won't wear shorts or anything that will show my legs beacause of the scars.I've tired to cover it up with makeup but it doesn't look right cause my legs are so light.. can anyone suggest anything?:(

Removing the scars [ 1 Answers ]

Just want to ask what is the effective old scars remover to use?

Old Age Scars! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys! I need your help, I have a 17 yrs. Old scars on my right lower arm, I was only 12 yrs. Old when an accident happened... I threw away the burning oil from a frying pan but unfortunately the splash of burning oil went directly into my right arm and it resulted to a more than 20 round and...

Scars [ 5 Answers ]

I have some dark scars and I was wondering if any one knew something that might help them fade ?

View more questions Search