Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 14, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Your body only uses what it needs in the way of vitamins; it takes everything out of the food you eat, it utilizes vitamin pills and because our body is such a marvelous organism, it only uses what it can and discards the rest through our urine. So you need not worry about overdosing on ordinary vitamin supplements. If you take care of your body, heed what it is saying to you, your body will take care of you.
    candice99 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Please do be careful with vitamins. There are certain herbs and vitamins that can build up in the human body to toxic levels. Although I'm not going to go into detail about these levels here for legal reasons, you can do a Google search for more information on this subject.

As a nutrition freak, pseudo-vegetarian, supplement enthusiast, and as someone who works in the vitamin/supplement field, understand that maintaining a proper diet and correct supplementation unlocks much of our ability to heal and protect ourselves. But, supplementation is also a field where our understanding is constantly evolving. There are dangerous levels that can be reached, there are dangerous combinations and interactions that are possible. Do be careful.
    sammie07 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 04:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
    okay well I used to be a cutter and well I stopped. good yes. but the scars are still there. and I'm 17 and I don't want my mother to see. I'm her one and only so she's really babys me a lot.

I used a 1/2 cup of salt mixed wiht 2 tbs of olive oil and 2tbs of lemon and put that on it the morning. then at noon I put on vid E. and at night I put on tooth paste and leave it there over night.

I wantot know if there is a way to make them go away as quick as possable.
    Try bio oil its worked for me but I nevet cut myself it does not make things better by doing that you have yr whole life ahead of you get job think about yr future
    Zelos Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sammie07
    try bio oil its worked for me but i nevet cut my self it does not make things better by doing that you have yr whole life ahead of you get job think about yr future
    You I though of that. Family, husband, jobs, kids, childres friends... I though about that and decided to change a bit. But I will try to find that.
    Olivia1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Hey that is good that you have quit . I am too a former cutter and after years of treatment I have stopped but have horrible reminders on my wrists. My mom said that if I could go three years without relapseing and I prove that I am serious about quitting that she would pay for me to have a surgery that removes scars. I don't know a whole lot about it I think it's a laser surgery. But until then I wear patches on my arms when I go to bed at night like(Mederma scar removing patches or silicone scar therapy patches) I also use cocoa butter obsessivley and well as oils. In the mean time you can wear bracelets on your wrists or my favorite covering your arms in an airbrush makeup that matches your skin tome. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you!

Apr 17, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia1212
    hey that is good that you have quit . i am too a former cutter and after years of treatment I have stopped but have horrible reminders on my wrists. My mom said that if I could go three years without relapseing and I prove that I am serious about quitting that she would pay for me to have a surgery that removes scars. I don't know a whole lot about it I think its a laser surgery. But untill then I wear patches on my arms when I go to bed at night like(Mederma scar removing patches or silicone scar therapy patches) I also use cocoa butter obsessivley and well as oils. in the mean time you can wear bracelets on your wrists or my favorite covering your arms in an airbrush makeup that matches your skin tome. good luck and I hope it all works out for you!
    I have bought curad scar patches and people have said that they are disapearing. But its nice of your mother to say that. I quit doing a lot of things at once and my parents don't know but do you know how to get rid of deep scars on you legs.
    Confuzzledmonkey Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Keep going with what you've been doing and try taking a few vitamens or solutions that claim to help scars from the inside out, which is good if they are quite deep.
    abhay74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
    okay well I used to be a cutter and well I stopped. good yes. but the scars are still there. and I'm 17 and I don't want my mother to see. I'm her one and only so she's really babys me a lot.

I used a 1/2 cup of salt mixed wiht 2 tbs of olive oil and 2tbs of lemon and put that on it the morning. then at noon I put on vid E. and at night I put on tooth paste and leave it there over night.

I wantot know if there is a way to make them go away as quick as possable.
    Visit a Dermatologist

Apr 18, 2007, 03:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abhay74
    Visit a Dermatologist
    I can't I'm 17 that would incline me to use my mom's medical with out here, and break the law by driving.

Apr 18, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzledmonkey
    Keep going with what youve been doing and try taking a few vitamens or solutions that claim to help scars from the inside out, which is good if they are quite deep.
    What kind of vitamens
    Confuzzledmonkey Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Vitamin A
    This is needed for maintenance and repair of
    Skin tissue.

Vitamin B Complex
    This aids your skin tissue to repair.

Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids
    This keeps the skin soft and increases
    Elasticity.

Vitamin E
    This improves circulation and reduces scarring. Either taken in oil and rubbed on the skin, mixed with another oil or Aloe Vera

Silica
    This helps the skin stay flexible, soft and supple.

Zinc
    This is effective in treating and preventing stretch marks.

Digestive Enzymes
    They help heal scarring internally and externally.

I copied and pasted these off misscp answer to Say you have some slight stretch marks on your lower... - Q&A
    BillR Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Silicone scar sheets simply work if your scar is raised and/or discolored. Neosporin used to make a very popular one called Scar Solution. Now thy're repackaged as ScarAway. You can get them at amazon.com. Good luck.
    gudinday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 11:09 PM

Thanks for your sharing ZELOS, because I had an old scar to remove due to the accident by playing...

I will do the same routine sa u do...

Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 03:48 AM

Hi DD2, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scars [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know from anybody who has any advice on how to reduce scar tissue or even if there is any way that the scars can be removed. I have a close relative that has suffered from depression and as a result has self harmed in the past. The scars are a nasty reminder of the past...

Help remove old scars? [ 17 Answers ]

I have this old scar on my leg since I was little.. I won't wear shorts or anything that will show my legs beacause of the scars.I've tired to cover it up with makeup but it doesn't look right cause my legs are so light.. can anyone suggest anything?:(

Removing the scars [ 1 Answers ]

Just want to ask what is the effective old scars remover to use?

Old Age Scars! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys! I need your help, I have a 17 yrs. Old scars on my right lower arm, I was only 12 yrs. Old when an accident happened... I threw away the burning oil from a frying pan but unfortunately the splash of burning oil went directly into my right arm and it resulted to a more than 20 round and...

Scars [ 5 Answers ]

I have some dark scars and I was wondering if any one knew something that might help them fade ?

View more questions Search