Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    universe Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 06:13 AM
    Voice recordings of relatives who have passed
    I have received recordings on my voice recorder on my Android from relatives who have passed on. Please do not try this unless you are completely informed and even then be careful as the uninvited might send messages. Has anyone else done this and received messages?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Yes, it is dangerous territory unless you know what you're doing, and even then it's still risky.

I have done EVP's with two other informed friends, and had some experiences myself.

What do you hear your relatives saying? Is it a message?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 07:55 AM
    EVPs can be found in any recording and are usually from static. We only hear what we want to hear basically.

Nov 27, 2013, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    Yes, it is dangerous territory unless you know what you're doing, and even then it's still risky.

I have done EVP's with two other informed friends, and had some experiences myself.

What do you hear your relatives saying? Is it a message?
    I asked my sister, brother and mother to say something. At first I only heard tapping then three breaths being exhaled. Then I heard my sister say her name, my brother's and mother's names. Over the next few days I asked my sister questions which she answered. My brother said my name, then his and proceeded to say a lot, most of which I could not make out. My mother only said her name and sounded far away. (she has been gone forty years.) One day I asked my sister to speak, she said: "why am I getting your number in heaven? Are you all right? Then she said "crowded, dark, then "can you help me? Please help me." Before that day I had asked her about a code word she and her daughter had, she said "code word I can't" Please understand I had to have my niece slow the recordings down to hear some of them correctly. Also I got different answers for code words which were from uninvited. I was advised to stop recording and pray to Archangel Michael to "find" my relatives, take them to their guardian angels for healing. I have since been told they have crossed over into the light. I also told the "uninvited" to never speak on my recorder again and that I rejected them completely.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 28, 2013, 07:54 AM
    Tickle makes a very good point. I can't tell you how many EVPs I've heard where I would never guess that it says what people claim it does. A lot of it has to do with what you WANT to hear. I know it's not the case every time, and I do believe the phenomena exists. It's the same as claiming every orb in a photo is a spirit. It's simply not true.

Nov 28, 2013, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Tickle makes a very good point. I can't tell you how many EVPs I've heard where I would never guess that it says what people claim it does. A lot of it has to do with what you WANT to hear. I know it's not the case every time, and I do believe the phenomena exists. It's the same as claiming every orb in a photo is a spirit. It's simply not true.
    Unless it happens to you, it is too hard to believe. But to say that hearing my sister's voice with her way of speaking, her personality, her caring way, answering questions I asked is due to static is close mindedness personified.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 08:44 AM
    @universe. I think it is unfair to say that it is "closed minded ness personified" when both HH and I are on the paranormal board here. We are not trying to debunk your claims, it is with experience that we comment on your post. I know wholeheartedly of paranormal activity, and HH as well, that you would never believe. So no, we are definitely not closed minded.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by universe View Post
    Unless it happens to you, it is too hard to believe. But to say that hearing my sister's voice with her way of speaking, her personality, her caring way, answering questions I asked is due to static is close mindedness personified.
    And unless you can truely reproduce the results on a machine that doesnt use radio waves then maybe you have something. How clear are the voices you are hearing? They may be merely a projection of your own mind. Have you tried posting any of it online for others to verify your claims?

Nov 28, 2013, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    And unless you can truely reproduce the results on a machine that doesnt use radio waves then maybe you have something. How clear are the voices you are hearing? They may be merely a projection of your own mind. Have you tried posting any of it online for others to verify your claims?
    I sent the recordings to a paranormal institute, they said the voices were below the human voice box, the whisper effect was right and they believed the recordings were authentic. A projection of my mind? How Twilight Zone! That would too hard to believe if not downright ridiculous. The voices are very clear. Truly.
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 11:43 AM
    Depending on which institue you sent them to they may or may not be reputable. It doesnt change the fact that you claim the recordings came from a device that uses radio waves for communication. That leaves the door so wide open to accidental recordings. You can choose to believe what you may. And if you believe your speaking to the world beyond without the technical knowlage to do so you can lead yourself down a path that can make yourself open to things unknown. The ear and the mind can see what it wants and hear what it wants to hear. That doesnt make you abnormal. It happens to everyone at some point. You need to proceed very carefully.

Nov 28, 2013, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Depending on which institue you sent them to they may or may not be reputable. It doesnt change the fact that you claim the recordings came from a device that uses radio waves for communication. That leaves the door so wide open to accidental recordings. You can choose to believe what you may. And if you believe your speaking to the world beyond without the technical knowlage to do so you can lead yourself down a path that can make yourself open to things unknown. The ear and the mind can see what it wants and hear what it wants to hear. That doesnt make you abnormal. It happens to everyone at some point. You need to proceed very carefully.
    Accidental recordings? With my sister's name, my brother's name? How did these "accidents" know their names? How did these "accidents" know to say "this is Barbara and brother Norm. I never mentioned having a brother. I contacted a most prestigious paranormal institute. Two of my sons heard the recordings, they were home when I recorded. As I said, unless it happens to you it is too hard to believe. The recordings are a gift.
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 02:55 PM
    If this paranormal institue that you contacted believed beyond a shadow of a doubt that this could be anything but the real deal then they would further investigate and publish the findings. Im not doubting that you heard something. My doubt is in the method used to record it. That part is highly suspect because of the nature of how things work.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 28, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Understand what cdad is getting at. Many devices used to collect EVPs are open to unwanted noise and signals. He's just putting that fact out there. As I said, I know the phenomenon exists. When I was younger we had a spirit speak through our telephone. It happens. But just because something happens once for one person does not make it the case in every instance. We're not trying to debunk, but we're also not interested in humoring every claim just for the sake of it.

Your question was "Has anyone else done this and received messages?". It would be rather irresponsible for someone with experience to answer a subject such as this without putting all the possibilities on the table. This site it used by more than just the people who ask/answer. Many people read these forums who are experiencing the same thing... many people benefit from the conversations that are held on this site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need landline call recorder that will send recordings straight to my PC [ 1 Answers ]

I need landline call recorder that will send recordings straight to my PC

I have a Forus digital recorder with important recordings on it. Need recovered. [ 0 Answers ]

It is a model FSV-1320. About 8 years old. Smashed top off in my trunk Of my car. It will power up, but the program isn't working so I can't tranfer The messages. I simply need to retrieve the messages. I don't care about The recorder... any ideas?

My grandparents has passed and my mother has passed what am I entitled [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New Orleans my grandparents died and my mother passed, what am I entitled to because there are houses and money due to my mother, but I do not know much about Louisiana law as far as inheritance. My aunts and uncles are just sitting on the property because they are fortunate enough, but...

Dvd Recordings & Playback [ 1 Answers ]

A friend made some dvd recordings for me and when I try to play them on my dvd player I get a message on the screen that says playback feature may not be allowed for this dvd. Why can't I play them?

View more questions Search