Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adriennaj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 09:54 PM
    How do you design clothes and sell them?
    How do you design clothes and sell them?
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Apr 6, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Are you also going to sew the clothes? I would try a local shop that perhaps you can put your clothes in on consignment. Consignment means you put the clothes in the shop, they pay you IF and when they sell them. It is a very competitive business and until you get a reputation it is very very difficult to break into.
    Good Luck !
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2007, 06:58 AM
    If you are trying to sell your designs to manufactors or to established lines, it is tough, and many will steal ideas when given a chance.
    It is a matter of working up sketchs of your work, and presenting them to the companies.

If you mean design, make patterns, sew up the clothes and then sell them to the public, as noted there are some cosignment shops in many cities, there is the internet, set up a eBay store, my sister in law makes her living doing that exact thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic Product design, Mold design, Plastics, [ 2 Answers ]

What are all the precautions needs to be taken during Nylon molding?

When should I sell? [ 3 Answers ]

I was notified I was inheriting property in the Seattle area, a total of 5 lots. The value estimates so far are between 800k and 1.5 million. There are no mortages owned on any of these and these properties are only a portion of all properties that were distributed among many heirs. I don't live...

How can I sell a story [ 2 Answers ]

I want to sell a book if possible. How do you get started? I read one author just submitted a manuscript. What ecactly is a manuscript? The whole story? Are there contest for writing?

View more questions Search