Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlou821 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2013, 04:58 PM
    Second-hand crack smoke on dogs
    I rescued a beautiful 4 yr old Cocker Spaniel from 2 crack smokers. I want to know the likely effect of the crack smoke on her. She was always in the room or the car where they smoked it, and she has seemed a little "off" sometimes, not crazy, but just doesn't always seem to be "right".
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 06:00 PM
    The effects are the same as it would be on a human in the same position. But, dogs seem to recover a lot easier than humans do.

When you say that she doesn't seem to be "right" what do you mean? Examples? That would really help.
    mlou821 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2013, 10:11 PM
    She is kind of "antsy", is quick to get off my chair or lap if I make a move, even though I am not trying to move her. She used to seem depressed, but is better now. She never whined when her previous people left her here, not even when they came back to see her a couple of times. I guess that is a good thing. I don't let them come around anymore. The female of her owners spent a lot of time on the street, prostituting for crack, sleeping in abandoned houses, begging fast food places for a hamburger to feed the dog.

I took Roxie to the vet, got all her shots updated, and got treatment for infected ears several times. Oh, and had her groomed. Whew !

I just want to be sure her "psyche" isn't permanently damaged.
    miniange1455 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2013, 10:58 PM
    I wanted to clear something up here. I have seen so many wrong answers on this website about this question (second hand crack smoke). A person nor an animal will have any effect from second hand smoke from crack cocaine. The high that comes from this drug happens comes from the drug as it's being burned. It is very short lived. This is a fact. I have worked in the substance abuse industry for the past 25 years. The behavior your dog is showing is coming from elsewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second hand crack smoke [ 4 Answers ]

I don't smoke but it is smoked in the same house I live in can I pass a drug test tomorrow

Second hand crack smoke. [ 1 Answers ]

I am a smoker. Recently my roommate was placed on probation. We live in a hotel room and I have continued to smoke with him in the room. I make sure the heat/ac unit is running and the fan in the bathroom. I also use a filter to exhale through. Due to the precautions I am taqking, could he still...

Exposure to second hand Crack Smoke [ 6 Answers ]

I have a serious problem. My lady friend is a serious and habitual Crack Smoker. I have been living with her and exposed to the second hand smoke now for over two years. When I leave on business or extended periods I feel like I am going through some form of withdrawal, cramps, dierria, modiness,...

Second hand smoke from crack cocain [ 1 Answers ]

I have to go for blood test, I do not smoke crake but my roommate does will second hand smoke show up in the blood test

View more questions Search