Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotesh Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2013, 08:42 AM
    Chip implant connecting people to internet?
    What movie is this? I saw the trailer sometime back & I'm not sure if its new and not released yet or what...

Its about a chip implant that connects people to internet and they start dying because something went wrong.

Can you tell me what movie is this please

Thanks in advance
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 26, 2013, 08:45 AM
    I think you may be thinking of this:

Johnny Mnemonic (1995) - IMDb
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 10:26 AM
    You might check out an episode of The Outer Limits titled Stream of Consciousness: The Outer Limits - Season 3, Episode 5: Stream of Consciousness - TV.com
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Going to throw this one out there, not an exact match, but for some reason my mind keeps going back to it:
    "Surrogates" - Official Trailer [HQ] - YouTube

Nov 26, 2013, 11:11 AM
    None of the above...

I'm talking about something new... it's a movie... might not be released yet or recently released.

It might not be a chip per say but they have something to connect them to internet in their head and then in the trailer they say but what if something went wrong.. and then they show them falling down and dying one by one...

Anyone?
    Movie Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 11:14 AM
    I have an idea - do you remember what movie you were watching when you saw this trailer? Might be able to narrow down what you're looking for by the production company/distributor...

Nov 26, 2013, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hotesh View Post
    None of the above...

I'm talking about something new... it's a movie... might not be released yet or recently released.

It might not be a chip per say but they have something to connect them to internet in their head and then in the trailer they say but what if something went wrong.. and then they show them falling down and dying one by one...

Anyone?
    There is a new TV show coming out very soon about an agent with an implanted chip connected to the Internet. Not a movie.
    Movie Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 11:27 AM
    Okay - how about this?
    Transcendence (2014) - IMDb

Nov 26, 2013, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    Okay - how about this?
    Transcendence (2014) - IMDb
    The plot looks different and I'm pretty sure it didn't star Johnny Depp..

I know the series you're talking about Scott its called almost human.. nope not it..

It's a movie I'm sure and its coming out soon or came out recently...
    Movie Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 12:14 PM
    How about what movie you were watching when you saw the trailer? Or what theatre?

Nov 26, 2013, 03:06 PM
    How about what movie you were watching when you saw the trailer? Or what theatre?
    I honestly can't remember but it was with in the past 3 mo and theatre wasn't in USA...

I'm sure it's sci-if because the movie was set in the future and there was like a boss asking an employee a question and she said wait and connected from her head "the chip" and got the answer and then the voice said but what if something went wrong and then they showed people walking and suddenly dropping dead...

Any sci-fi fan saw this trailer or something similar lately?
    Movie Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 03:58 PM
    theatre wasn't in USA...
    Where was it? (feel like I'm pulling teeth here!)

Nov 26, 2013, 04:01 PM
    Where was it? (feel like I'm pulling teeth here!)
    Middle East.. Bahrain to be exact..

Nov 27, 2013, 02:42 AM
    C'mon guys please anyone?!

Anything even close to what I'm saying here! I really wanted to watch that movie...

Nov 27, 2013, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hotesh View Post
    C'mon guys please anyone?!

Anything even close to what I'm saying here! I really wanted to watch that movie...
    We've given you several possibilities. If it was a trailer for an upcoming movie, then it should be played again.

Nov 27, 2013, 05:48 AM
    I checked them all out and have been looking for it myself too... and yes that is the issue is I saw it once and never again which is weird...

I'm checking the list of upcoming movies but unfortunately so far I can't find it...

I would really appreciate some help guys.. thank you
    Movie Expert

Nov 27, 2013, 09:50 AM
    I spent close to 2 hours yesterday trying to find what you're looking for, and gave some suggestions. (I know you said it was not Surrogates, but the falling down scene is what led me to believe it was what you were looking for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHZ8CaaqtSc)

I found a site listing all films showing in Bahrain ( Bahrain Cinema - Sci-Fi Movies ), thinking that at this point perhaps the movie you were looking for might be playing (you said you saw the trailer roughly 3 months ago... ). No Luck.

I also looked through a few pages of movies to be released in 2014 (that's where I got the film Transcendence I suggested), and also looked through a few pages of movies to be released in 2015. Maybe you could look through them to see if your movie is in there -
    IMDb: Most Popular Feature Films Released In 2014
    IMDb: Most Popular Feature Films Released In 2015 .

Nov 27, 2013, 01:13 PM
    I know and thank you so much for that.. I'm going through the list now and I already checked bahrain cinema no luck..

Can anyone at least confirm that they saw similar trailer or movie and I'm not crazy lol even if u don't know the name maybe give some more clues that would e great really... Thanks again

Feb 3, 2014, 10:54 PM
    Movie about chip connecting people to information
    Hi... I'm looking for a movie I'm not sure how old or recent it is but I saw the trailer one time its something like a chip in your brain connecting people to information and then something goes wrong and people start falling while walking in the trailer... I don't remember much but that's about it... does it ring any bell anyone?I would be very appreciative to your answers.Thank you
    Movie Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 09:45 AM
    Still searching? (I'm going to add your original post so that people know what movies have already been suggested to you - will save time for them and you... https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/movies...ml#post3591354)
    I have a question - do you remember if the trailer was in English? Could you tell if it was an American or foreign movie? (guess if you're not American the American film would be foreign to you, but you know what I mean ;) )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting to the internet [ 2 Answers ]

HI Got a new PC and trying to connect to the internet via Virgin. Trouble is it goes to the dial up connection windowthen says no connection available. I can't seem to get the broadband connection on the screen. By the way I'm using windows vista. Can any one help please. p.s would it be better...

Connecting to internet [ 2 Answers ]

Do you need a computer to hook up to the internet.

Connecting to internet [ 1 Answers ]

Can you connect to internet using a PC and a telephone only?

Connecting to internet [ 3 Answers ]

:) am trying to set up my old computer for my daughter & her family. Computer was working well & had internet connection when I used it but when tried to install & connect to internet on her phone line cannot do so! Message comes up saying no phone connection but have connected same way it was...

Connecting to the internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am with bt broadband internet, with a router in my house connected to 3 laptops with a wire connection. My internet was set up in July and has been working fine up until yesterday when it suddenly stopped. None of us can get online. It is saying limited or no internet activity, and apparently...

View more questions Search