Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asweetheart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 09:12 PM
    My child's fever won't go down. Help!
    Please! I need advice! My 5 year daughter is sick she just started kindergarten this year and has had a few minor colds in the months since. She has had this lingering cough for weeks it will get better for a couple days and come back but no fever with it and as energetic as ever.

The last couple days Saturday evening to be exact, she got a fever of 103.0 I gave her ibuprofen she fell asleep and her fever went away. My husband got her up for school this morning, she got a bath, got dressed, told me she felt OK, that she wanted to go to school. She didn't have a fever, so I told her OK. She managed to get through the whole day but when she got home she looked very flushed so I took her temp and it was 103.2. I gave her more ibuprofen, put her in bed with a cold rag and ice water that was about 4:00. I monitored her temp. And it only had went down to 102.9 it stayed there till about 7:00 so I gave her just plain Tylenol at about 7:30 and her fever has gone up to 103.5. I can't get it down. What do I do, when do I know when its time for the ER? Does anyone know an ask a nurse line? I'm very worried!! :
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 25, 2013, 10:41 PM
    Does your pediatrician have an after hours telephone service?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child running a fever, now a rash [ 1 Answers ]

My 1 year old granddaughter ran a fever Thursday evening and most of Friday. Today she is eatting well, happy and playful, but she has a rash on her tummy and back. Should I be concerned?

8 month old, high fever, and won't eat! [ 3 Answers ]

My 8 month old daughter has had a high fever for 2 days. I can keep it around 99.5 with tylenol. She won't eat or drink. She won't move or smile. I have tried giving her fluids and she won't drink. I am concerned. Should I take her in?

My puppy has a fever won't eat and is sleeping what do I do [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy has afever won't eat and is sleeping what do I do

My puppy does not have a fever but still won't eat or drink [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy "neeka" is a black lab/queensland healer mix,and she is six months old.3 days ago she vomited 3 times and quit,then she wouldn't eat or drink,the following day she seemed fine,she ate and drank some,played a little then went to bed,the next morning she vomited all over my bed and stopped...

My dad's fever won't go away [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. My dad has had a high fever for about four days now and it won't go away. He already went to the doctor but he won't take the medication. He says his body will just run its course. He's about 53 and in pretty good physical...

View more questions Search