Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ritae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 10:43 AM
    Third party adoption from the grandparents.
    My husband and I have been given the opportunity to adopt a child that has been taken away from the mother. (no father the family doesn't even know how her father is.) She is in DCF custody right now however her grandmother can take her in and get her out of the system but she is unable to take care of her. This is were my husband and I come in, the grandmother is willing to have us take her and adopt her we just don't know were we need to start in a legal way. There is no family that is will or able to take care of this girl and the grandmother doesn't want here to stay in the system (she has been in for 2 months now) and want to give her a better life then what she had with her mother and stepfather.( The mothers right have been removed by the courts.) We live in Ga. If that helps.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2013, 02:10 PM
    Talk to the caseworker in charge of the baby's case. Tell them you want to adopt and that the family is in agreement to let you adopt.

In the meantime, shop around for an attorney to prepare the adoption petition and have the attorney also contact the caseworker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents rights after adoption [ 1 Answers ]

Do biological grandparents have any rights after their son signed his rights off? The grandmother treats the children differently and I can't take it any longer. She has threatened to take me to court because she says she still have rights because she has been in the 5 yr olds life since day 1. Is...

Grandparents' rights after adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend whose grandson was adopted out in Reno, NV (so her son's rigthts as bio-dad were terminated). Child is now 4. My friend would like to have her grandson in her will, and would like to have contact in the meantime if possible. How can she accomplish either or both?

Grandparents rights after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

My biological mother gave me over to her mom (my bio grandma) at my birth. I was raised as my grandma's daughter all my life. I was never officially adopted by her as my bio dad did not know I existed.I had a son of my own and went through a divorced when I was 26. My son is now 10 years old and my...

Grandparents rights and Adoption? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a serious question about the laws on adoption in Massachusetts. I know someone with a 1year old child that would like to put her child up for adoption to a family that she has chosen that is not in any way related to her. The question is that if she was to do something like that would her...

View more questions Search