Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smrmmd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 04:20 AM
    Bleeding Between Periods
    My menstrual cycle/period ended on Nov 15th, and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on Nov 15th and Nov 17th. I am not on any birth control and this was unplanned and unprotected, I took I-Pill immediately after sex within an hour on both the days. This pill causes me the uneasiness, fatigue and a bit of nausea every time I take it. I am not taking this pill regularly. Today on Nov 25 (7 days after taking the pill) I see brown spotting with little bit of blood. I am not sure what does this means. Bleeding is not that heavy as that of the period. Is it the side of effect of the pill? Is it normal? How will it affect my system? Can menopause cycle be this early? Can this cause any issues with the pregnancy later ? Please help.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 25, 2013, 09:34 AM
    Brown bleeding is usually old blood. Having it come out at that point is a little unusual but not terribly. As long as there isn't any cramping or pain with it you should be fine.

The pill, especially taking two so close together, will much up your cycle mightly. It won't have a lasting effect but it will have an effect for the next period or two. You might want to, in this time, reflect on other ways of being not pregnant rather then emergency contraceptive pills. They're effective but REALLY harsh on your system. It is safer to use a different pre-emptive method.
    smrmmd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2013, 09:54 AM
    Thanks CravenMorhead. I know taking two piils in such a short duration was my mistake. I won't do it again. Looks like it messed up my period badly. This is second day today and I still see the brown thick discharge. Do I need to see the doc ?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 26, 2013, 02:58 PM
    Do you need to? Probably not, this is probably not life or death. Should you go to the doctor? Yes. Just to make sure you're healthy and to monitor you if required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding in between periods. [ 0 Answers ]

IM 29 yrs old, have never been pregnant. For the last couple of days I've been bleeding lightly. I came on my period nov. 29, and it ended dec. 3. I also have lower abdominal pains and pressure when urninating. What is going on. Concerned!

More bleeding during periods [ 6 Answers ]

My sister is 19.she always complains that once the bleeding starts sometimes they don't stop more time and my sister becomes a little bit fainted.so I wanted to know the drug or the name of the medicine with drug to stop her periods.this happens once in six months.she doesn't take any medicines or...

Bleeding between periods [ 2 Answers ]

I come on every 26 to 28 days without fail 2 weeks and 3 days after my last I came on again but very heavy and blood clot loss for 2 days then nothing I'm 31 of age and I am on no contraceptive this has never happened before and I was crippled with back ache

Bleeding between periods [ 5 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I have been birth control called loestrin 24 for 6 months. And for about 2 months I have been bleeding between periods. My period always comes on the 15 and just a few days later I bleed heavy. I went to my GYN a few weeks ago and I came out positive for HPV? Could it have...

Help with periods and bleeding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I am new to this board, I have been on the depo shot for 3 years and the within the past year I got off the shot and I just started to bleed again, I started bleeding on December 28th and I still have not stopped well now I want to get pregnant but having irregular periods makes it so...

View more questions Search