Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael Nitz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 12:44 PM
    Ghana Africa here we go again
    I know you all are probably tired of this question and I know that I am probably being scammed but I am really trying to find out about somebody over there. All I have is the name and don't even know if its real. She says it is Candy Smith with a double y at the end of Candy. She says she is 31 years old and is already asking me to marry her and send her $900 for a passport. She has already got my phone number which was a big mistake on my part. I want to break ties but like I say she has my phone number. I believe I will have to just get a different phone, change my number.

Is there any advice on how to stay safe on Internet on dating sites, because these Ghana women come out of the woodwork when you join one of these sites. I think it should be illegal some way some how. Thank you for your time.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 24, 2013, 12:45 PM
    As a rule of thumb.
    Play along, have fun, but once they ask for cash, BAIL rapidly.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 01:02 PM
    Use common sense, when they start talking love and money, say good bye. You might want to just stay away from the ones from Ghana altogether

Nov 24, 2013, 01:36 PM
    I totally agree with the having fun and playing along well I'm at apoint in my life where I just don't want to be alone anymore I was married just recently got divorced so I guess I'm get my heartstrings pulled buy these womenso where do you go these days actually meet real people the Internet has too many fake people people trying to be who they are notjust looking to meet somebody special and went to the wrong placebut as far as I can tell there is no right
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nitz View Post
    where do you go these days actually meet real people
    If I were single and looking for dates, I would go to programs and book discussions and writers' groups offered at area public libraries. I also would join a church (although my bachelor son did that with no luck so far), volunteer at an animal shelter or hospital, take a class or two or three at a local community college, or join a community chorus or players' (drama) group. Even if everyone in any of those groups is happily married, they all have single relatives or know friends who are single and looking. And even better than just joining a group in order to "look" is to have a great time meeting lots of people plus enriching your life and the lives of others.

Nov 24, 2013, 02:09 PM
    All those things you have mentioned are great but unfortunately they are not something I can do I am a truck driver and can't do those kind of things I I am in this truck 24 /7 almost 365 that's my biggest problem that's why I have to rely on the Internet if there was any other way I would do it
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nitz View Post
    All those things you have mentioned are great but unfortunately they are not something I can do I am a truck driver and can't do those kind of things I I am in this truck 24 /7 almost 365 that's my biggest problem that's why I have to rely on the Internet if there was any other way I would do it
    Well don't chat up with women in another country. But you do have to use some sense. When they start giving too much information, asking for money start talking love so soon, those are big red flags. Don't look for women when you are feeling desperate you will ignore important red flags.

Nov 24, 2013, 03:09 PM
    I totally agree with you homegirl50I am being careful and believe me you the red flag started flying when I was talking to her I'm not looking my emotions get in front of me against good judgment I want to break it off with her all I have to do is stop talking to her but like I said previously she has my cell phone number so I would have to completely change my number to get rid of her and that was my mistake I should not have given her that number I realize that now but now is too lateand on the other side of the coin I didn't know she was in Africa her profile said she was in my hometown in Kentuckyso imagine my surprise when I found that outall I can say in closing here As I am being careful what are has to be some real people out there somewhere
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Well yes change your number. I have a smartphone and I can block numbers on my phone. Can you do that on yours? If you ignore her calls, she will soon get the message.

Nov 24, 2013, 03:35 PM
    Yes homegirl 50 I have a smartphone and that was my plan to ignore her phone calls but they're not really phone calls they are text messages I don't thinkshe has I know if money to make a phone call from there which is fine by mewhat I believe is her text will drive me insane that is why I would change my number
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Well yes, change the number and be done with it. In the meantime, ignore her text too.

Nov 24, 2013, 04:04 PM
    Yes that is a good idea that is what I will do as soon as I'm back in my hometown I will do that my number thank you for talking with me homegirl 50 you have a great night
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2013, 04:27 PM
    You do the same. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passports and visas from ghana africa to u.s. [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost for a Ghanaian to get a passport and visa to enter the US

People search ghana africa [ 1 Answers ]

I want to find out some information about a 34 y/o woman living Accra ghana. Her name is jeanette sylvia Cofie

What all do I need to travel from Ghana , Africa? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know prices of passport renewal and costs of medical examination and visas to come to the united states

Check on someone born in Ghana Africa? [ 7 Answers ]

Looking to locate information on a hawawu Abdul Rahman, born in Accra Ghana April 26, 1980

Passport from Ghana Africa to America [ 3 Answers ]

I Would Like To No How Much It Cost For A Passport And Visa From Ghana Africa To America...

View more questions Search