Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thecalled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 07:15 AM
    Diarrhea in a 5 yr old
    My 5 yr old son has had diarrhea since Thursday, is there anything over the counter I can give him today until I can take him to the dr tomorrow? What foods are best not to irritate his colon further?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 25, 2013, 08:21 AM
    The important thing is to keep him hydrated. My mom would always give me ginger ale and thin soup when my belly wasn't feeling well. Digestive cookies too.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2013, 09:35 AM
    I agree with Craven -- chicken broth and saltines plus flattened (stirred until bubbles are gone) Coca-Cola or ginger ale. And always a glass of fresh water nearby.
    almostfrozen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 09:43 AM
    BRAT: It gives the tummy time to relax and not to produce too much stool.

Bananas
    Rice
    Applesauce
    Toast

The diarrhea will cause dehydration, so make sure to have water or gatorade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diarrhea [ 5 Answers ]

I have been sick with having diarrhea for 5 days now. Haven't ate in 5 days and the diarrhea is a bright yellow water. My stomach hurts also. Any suggestions... not on any meds

Diarrhea [ 13 Answers ]

ARRRRGH! I hate when I lose an entire post because I click the wrong button! Shorter version, then: Lan has diarrhea. Yesterday was watery, but today it's just runnier than usual. No fever. He is teething---I think a molar will be through any day now. He has diaper rash, but I assume it...

Diarrhea [ 1 Answers ]

57 yr old female diarrhea off and on since Friday. Can't keep food or liquids down today. Took pepto and immodium yesterday. Accidents while sleeping as well

Diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I did not see a section for pets so I thought it would be okay to ask my question under "people medical conditions". My dog is 6 months old and he has had diarrhea and mucous covered stool off and on for about 3 months now. We have taken him to the vet 3 times and the first time it was Giardia, the...

View more questions Search