Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herringelizabeth Posts: 17, Reputation: -5

Mar 30, 2007, 06:51 PM
    What do I buy for.her
    Tomorrow is my friends sisters party she's turning 4 years old. We got her a card and a gift card too{ toys r us.} is that a good gift.and if the people that are going too answer and want too talk about boys and stuff like that.my e-mail is{ [email protected].}
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 30, 2007, 07:47 PM
    While it is really a great actual gift, a 4 year old has no idea what gift cards are, they want fluffy and fun and noisy gifts right then and there.

I would have suggested any gift at the toy R us for that age group, since the child wants instant gradification ( and don't we all)

For a older child who understands that is a toy at the store they get to pick it is normally the best gift. But often smaller children don't understand and think they got anything but some silly card.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 10:10 PM
    When my nephew was that age I got him videos like Blues' Clues and Dora. I'm not up to date on what is hot in the 4 year old demographic theses days but a DVD would be nice and they can watch it over and over.

I have no interest in talking about boys, sorry.
    calover16m Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Apr 10, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by herringelizabeth
    tomorrow is my friends sisters party shes turning 4 yaers old. we got her a card and a gift card too{ toys r us.} is that a good gift.and if the people that are going too answer and want too talk about boys and stuff like that.my e-mail is{ [email protected].}
    I no its too late now but I think that the gift card was enough. That way she could buy something that she really wanted. I you feel kind of guilty (if something like that came up again) kids love candy and you could just throw in a little something extra for her to have right away.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by calover16m
    kids love candy and you could just throw in a lil something extra for her to have right away.

I used to be like that, giving kids candy for gifts but the older I got the more realized how many people just can't have candy or eat everything like I can. Some kids have alergic reactions to ingredients and some are diabetic. Personally, I always stir clear of candy as a gift because the kid usually wants it but then they can get disappointed when it gets taken away and then you feel sort of bad because you were just trying to give offer some candy. So from my experience I just stear clear of food. All that being said, I guess you could ask the parents first, if that would be an acceptable gift.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do I Buy [ 1 Answers ]

I play defence with a long-pole. Really I play long-stick-middie. My question is what type of head do I buy, and what is a good pocket( i.e. how many shooting strings, pocket strings, mesh)?

Which to Buy? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive came across three riding mowers to chose from: Cub Cadet 12.5 HP 38 inch with 400 hours: $600 Good Shape Craftsman 13 HP 42 inch hours N/A: $500 Very good shape MTD 14 HP 42 inch with less than 30 hours: $500 Almost brand new Which would you prefer??

Where can I buy [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy prell shampoo and which one do you buy for color treated hair I have the same problem as MANY of you do. Had blonde hair wanted a light brown came out wayyyyyyyyy to dark and now the color won't fade and you used everything possible. So my question is what kind of prell shampoo do...

Would you buy.. yes or no [ 3 Answers ]

Was considering Cub Cadet till I saw MTD makes them.. would you still buy knowing MTD makes it?

What the best PC to buy [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me what the best PC to buy. I have a dell PC about a year now and have had trouble twice.

View more questions Search