Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iceland dweller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 10:55 PM
    Oil furnace keeps running.
    My home heating system,, oil heat furnace, will not stop running. I had oil deliverd a couple days ago. The furnace had to be bled of air. All power, was on, and termostat was set higher than temp in room. It started quickly after the air was released, but would not stop. I am told it is the limit switch. Well, I have no idea where that is located. My unit is an older, but very nice : Beckett" furnace. I need help. I have little money to pay a repairman. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanking you in advance, david
    shtmtlchk13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2013, 03:22 PM
    I can relate to your dilemma. When you stated that your furnace was a Beckett, do you mean that the brand of oil burner itself is a Beckett burner? You should find the brand of furnace on a tag inside the front panel or on the side where you remove the panel/panels. A limit switch can be the issue but without knowing the electrical schematic (wiring diagram) of your particular unit, I couldn't tell you the exact placement of the limit control. If you haven't had your issue resolved feel free to email me and perhaps I'll be able further assist you in troubleshooting your furnace. [email protected]
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 5, 2013, 11:46 AM
    When you say the furnace will not stop, do you mean the burner or the air blower? Or perhaps both. This is important to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Details on how to restart furnace after running out of oil NEEDED [ 0 Answers ]

We have a Weil-McLain Gold Oil Model # P-WTGO-4, Series 3 hot water/heating system. We ran out of oil & now need to restart. We're pretty clear on how to bleed the air out of the oil lines, but are a little confused concerning bleeding the air out of the water line. The manual we looked at...

Oil furnace doesn't stop running [ 1 Answers ]

Today our Lennox OF7-140M oil furnace continued to run long after the temperature was well above thermostat setting. I toyed with the dial thermostat to be sure it was behaving normal. I eventually turned off the furnace with the breaker. After the furnace had set off for several hours I...

FA oil furnace blowing cold air when not running [ 6 Answers ]

WE have a forced air oil fired furnace (and water heater if that matters) and while it works well most of the time, sometimes on a windy day we'll get cool air blowing through the registers when the furnace isn't even running. What could be the cause of that? The furnace is vented out through a...

Oil ran out; we refilled, but now we can't get furnace running again [ 1 Answers ]

We woke up the other morning to our house being 53 degrees. We knew we were getting low on oil, but hadn't realized *how* low. We got some oil delivered that day, but we can't seem to get the thing running again. It's an old --very old-- Thermopride furnace. My dh has pressed every button he can...

View more questions Search