Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommacatz13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 01:33 PM
    Markings on inside band of gold ring
    I have a gold ring with purple stone (amethyst ?) inside the band is a lion, 18 , crown, & ship Any info would be greatly appreciated I got it from my grandfather who would be about 105 if still with us
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 03:09 PM
    18 and crown is the old insignia for 18k gold. Means nothing for the stone which would be rated separately.
    jft559 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 06:50 PM
    Hi.As someone who has poured over Gold and silversmiths at the library I can suggest to look at London goldsmiths at the Library.Or go online to Hallmarks of Goldsmithes.The Lion usually indicates London Hallmark and the ship maybe the makers Hallmark!Hope this helps.Dont sell till you know exactly what you have.Also check the daily weaight of Gold.It is easy to find out on the internet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meaning of markings on gold and diamond ring. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a gold and diamond ring with the following symbols on the underside. 150 14k Ultra Gem Can anyone tell me what these markings mean? Thanks

Old gold wedding band markings [ 0 Answers ]

My husband's Great-Grandmothers wedding band has a stamp inside that is a "B with a star and another B" . There are no other marking, other than the initials of his Great Grandparents engraved inside. The ring is quite heavy and has almost a rose gold look to it.

View more questions Search