Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnaLysse Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 08:34 AM
    Unprotected Sex
    I have recently had a baby 1 month ago October 13th & during my 6 week healing process I had sex unprotected, I went to a cvs pharmacy to buy the emergency contraception pill & fromwhat I remember from they were good up to 5 days since the inccident so I went & bought one & it came in a bkue box, it came with one pill but the only bad thing about it was that it was only good up to 3 days. Now I already had bought it & taken it but for me it was my 4th day since the incident. I know it won't work so my question is what should I do ? I have a scheduled appointment to see my gyno dec. 2nd so that would be 2 weeks & 1 day since I last had unprotected sex. I would love to hear back with answer. Thank you ! : )
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 08:37 AM
    Your GYN may be able to take a quantitative blood test to determine if pregnancy has occurred. You will need to speak openly and honestly to him/her about your concerns.

Nov 23, 2013, 08:41 AM
    Thank you for your feed back it was very much needed but my only concern is what they would consider me to do after they have taken the blood test & do see that I am pregnant again :/ which at this point if I do get a blood test or not I'm sure that I am already pregnant
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 08:46 AM
    How are you sure that you are already pregnant?

I don't understand the following...
    what they would consider me to do after they have taken the blood test & do see that I am pregnant again
    I suppose they would schedule you for prenatal exams if you are pregnant again.

Nov 23, 2013, 09:02 AM
    I was not on birth control & neither was my partner & I also know for a fact that he ejaculated in me. I was not planning on continuing with the pregnancy
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Don't put the cart before the horse. First you have to find out if you are actually pregnant. If you don't plan on carrying out the pregnancy, and you ARE pregnant, you schedule for an abortion.

Nov 23, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Well thank you for letting me know there might still be some hope but going forth with the abortion, since it will probably be early in the pregnancy I know there are the two kinds, the one that is done through medication & the other done surgicaly. Will I be able to take the medication ? Does insurance cover this :/ & what will be some of the side effects since this would be my first time going through something like this
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 09:15 AM
    Will I be able to take the medication ? Does insurance cover this :/ & what will be some of the side effects since this would be my first time going through something like this
    This is a global website. Not all areas of the world allow medical abortions and, as such, not all allow surgical abortions. As far as insurance, all insurance companies are different. I can't speak for yours.

Nov 23, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Thank you so much for your information, its just sad to see that it balls down to this because I did try to save myself but unfortunately this is what I am going to have to do :/
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 09:27 AM
    its just sad to see that it balls down to this
    You mean "boils down to this?"

I don't mean to sound harsh, but unless you were raped, you had the option to use birth control. Unless you were violently raped, you had the option to use condoms. If you are in the US, you had the option to get a Depo Provera injection prior to your release.

Unless you were raped, you didn't try to help yourself or you wouldn't have unprotected sex.

I know that what I just said sounds terrible, but take it as a learning tool. You have choices, and there are consequences to your choices.
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 09:29 AM
    Heck, you don't even know for sure if you are pregnant again! What makes you think you are?

Nov 23, 2013, 09:47 AM
    & I agree with you, you are 100 % correct but now that you bring up depo provera, that's what I actually was going to switch to but I was never told that I could get the shot prior to my release or was asked if I wanted to get it done ? If I had the option I would have done it. Also my ob just saw me at my 6 week check up & just scheduled me an appointment to get the depo but first I would have to go to birth control consuling then schedule to have the injection done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

After having unprotected sex can I still be pregnant if I bleed after sex [ 6 Answers ]

Well I've also had a few pregnancy symptoms...

Unprotected sex [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex 2days ago every time I go to the toilet redish/brown blood is on my pants and there when I wipe myself I had aa look aat my vagina and noticed red spots like blood ones around the hole :/ what is this?

I had sex with my man unprotected than protected sex with a friend 2 days later, who [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend on 7/28/2010 , than I had sex with my new boyfriend, which he used a condom on 7/30/2010. On 8/7/2010 my breast started to swell and are very,very tender now. I think I'm pregnant but a bit scared becus I had sex with two guys so close even though the last...

My last period was on May 18-22 I had unprotected sex on May 24 and had sex again on [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was on May 18-22 I had unprotected sex on May 24 and had sex again on May 28,29,30 I calculated my ovulation on the computer and it said I ovulated on May 29. What are my chances that I will get pregnant??

Unprotected sex [ 17 Answers ]

OK so I had sex while on my period without a condom... but the he did not inside of me but out... is there still a possibility of pregnancy?

View more questions Search