Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vonteresa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2013, 12:35 PM
    Ask a nurse for free
    I had an endometrial ablation yesterday(11/21/2013) High blood pressure and gave natural birth to 5 children, I also have a prolasped uterus(tilted backwards if that helps. Also a polyup was discovered and removed during the ablation.My husband and I have not used contraceptives for the last 3 years with no pregnancy. I am 47 years old.Am I at risk of pregnancy or am I too close to menopause?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 22, 2013, 04:16 PM
    Unless you're in menopause or taking birthcontrol, you have a chance of getting pregnant. Why you haven't so far? I have no clue. I am not sure if the Ablation would have an effect or even the prolapse. From what I read you still have a chance and if you do become pregnant you could have a hard time of it. I would really suggest contraceptives of some sort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a Nurse for Free Now [ 1 Answers ]

Can a male adult who has taken clonidine for a long time still have reactions (emotional highs and lows), from the drug a year later?

Ask a nurse for free? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a one year old, congested, runny nose, no fever, but occasional sweating. I need to know what to give her. Her at limits me, n pulls at her ear at times.

Ask a nurse for free? [ 0 Answers ]

I had a tubal ligation with complete tube removal, along with a D&C for heavy bleeding, in June. I spotted lightly,for 3 weeks after and have only had one menstral cylce since, a few weeks after my procedure (end of August). Is it normal after these 2 procedures to not have a menstral cycle since...

Free Ask a Nurse? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am 7 months pregnant. I have had itching in my vagina for about a year that comes and goes. Maybe some discharge occasionally but I'm not sure. I live overseas and thought maybe it's the water or soap, because it's a 3rd world country. I have been married over 2 years but before...

View more questions Search