Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harveycj67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Model 660 lawn chief rear wheels locked up
    Mower has been sitting up for a couple of years and decided to work on it. The parking brake was disengaged and then gear shift placed in neutral. Attempted to push mower to another location but rear wheels locked up. I jacket the rear end off the ground and wheels turn freely but 1 goes in one direction and the other goes in the opposite direction. Do not know what is going on.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 30, 2013, 01:08 AM
    Hi,
    The park brake may appear to be off, but the two pins that activate it are rusted/corroded in the brake bracket and not releasing. Remove the two bolts holding the bracket after first taking the cotter pin, castellated nut and brake arm off, and tap the pins out. Sand them clean and lightly grease them before reassembly to solve the problem.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rear wheels on mower lock up (won't turn ) model # 917.374356 [ 0 Answers ]

Only in reverse one or both wheels lock up making it difficult to use [email protected]

Lawn chief tiller 2hp model 2c-8 [ 0 Answers ]

Where to get a manual for lawn chief 2hp b&s model 2c-8

My van just locked its rear wheels due to lack of lubricating oil in the differential [ 1 Answers ]

I was driving my van when it just locked its rear wheels.I discovered the differential drain cock wasn't there and it had leaked out all the differential oil.Is there a good chance that when I refill it with the differential oil it will work just fine?

Rear wheels of Toro mower are locked [ 2 Answers ]

My Toro riding mower is sitting in my yard with the rear wheels locked. The motor will start, the cutting blades will rotate, but the riding mower will not budge, and it cannot be pushed. The rear wheels are frozen! What is wrong?

View more questions Search