Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Next29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2013, 06:34 AM
    Organosilicon compound
    Organosilicon compounds having no carbon analogues or or having biological inert analogues.
    I want to know what are mean by carbon analogues and biological inert analogues.
    neodarwinian Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2013, 07:10 PM
    Organosilicon compounds are usually absent in biochemical processes. The non carbon analogue, I think.

I do not understand from your question if organosilcons are analogous, or not analogous in the biologically inert area. Clarify this.
    Next29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2013, 03:20 AM
    Somehow I just want to know what is mean by
    Carbon analoguesand biological inert
    Analogue.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2013, 06:41 PM
    An organosilicon compound contains the atoms silicon and carbon. A carbon analogue would be essentially the same compound with carbon atoms replacing the silicon atoms. An analogue in chemistry refers to two separate compounds that are structurally similar but have different atoms, functional groups or subgroups.
    Examples:
    Methan vs Silane
    Methanol vs Silanol

Biologically inert refers to compounds that do not create a response or interact when introduced into a biological tissues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name the compound [ 2 Answers ]

What's the name of this compound ch3--ch(CL on top of CH single bound) -ch2--ch2-CL . Thanks and if anyone knows an understandable YouTube video on that subject please send a link

Compound hydroquinone? [ 0 Answers ]

My Dr prescribed compound hydroquinone for me in place of Triluma since you can't get Triluma anywhere. I've had it for 8 months, didn't use it. Then I had a bad case of acne & dark pigmentation & decided to try it but when I opened it, it's changed color, no longer white almost a beige or light...

Which compound to use [ 2 Answers ]

Which compound could you use to make a hot pack

Compound Interest [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased a property 28 years ago for $148,000 It was sold for $2,420,000. What is the annualised return for the period? How do you calculate it.

View more questions Search