Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulqg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2013, 06:24 PM
    ETG testing
    I have a quesiton. I have been sober for 2 months now because of my probation. I get ETG tested every Monday and Thursday of each week. I can go in at anytime those days. So my question is if I drink on a Thursday night and stop around midnight will I be positive on Monday? The clinic closes at 630 pm. I am 5'4 160 lbs. Like I said I haven't drank in over two months and Im pretty sure Im a light weight now. If anyone could answer it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2013, 06:25 PM
    Why take the risk? Stay sober until after your probation is over. Is violating worth the risk? You've managed 2 months so far.....that's far harder than the next 6 months will be. Build on what you've accomplished so far.
    paulqg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2013, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Why take the risk? Stay sober until after your probation is over. Is violating worth the risk?
    I understand that. It just a what if question if I ever decided to. Im not sure what the risk is.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2013, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paulqg View Post
    I understand that. It just a what if question if I ever decided to. Im not sure what the risk is.
    Consider that they can always mix up the game and call you in sooner than you expect. Also that line of thought will make it harder to make it through the rest of your probation.

The problem is there are assumptions and a lot of variables... playing with temptation is courting failure. Get any wrong... and you are in trouble.

Meaning there are not always solid finite answers.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 21, 2013, 08:30 AM
    The tests are usually good for 60-80 hours. If you go in early on Thursday, you'll have 80+ hours between the Thursday and Monday test, Though if you calculate when the last of the alcohol would have been metabolised and the last of the ETG to enter your system, you are falling below the 80 limit.

The Monday to Thursday is much worse. There is a good chance that regardless of how you do it, any drinking on Thursday after the test will show up on the Monday test. They've devised the system to work like that. Stay sober, you are being tested for a reason and maybe you will see it.

Consider this, they've set up the tests that it is VERY hard to consume any alcohol without it showing up. So in answer to your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG urine testing MS/GC testing [ 9 Answers ]

I hear that MS/GC urine testing can detect EtG up to 80 hours from consumption. I run 5 miles 3-4 times a week, and consider myself healthier than most. I have a slender, athletic build, and believe my metabolism is quicker than most. If I consume 3 beers within a time of 90-120 minutes, how...

EtG testing [ 2 Answers ]

Will I pass a test if I consumed a bottle and half of wine (12% alcohol) from 11pm till 2 is on Thursday if the test is on Monday at 6 pm. Male, 6'3" 240lbs

EtG testing [ 2 Answers ]

Dr.bill will decadron. Promethezine dm syrup show up on EtG? The syrup doesn't contain alcohol but wanted to ask

EtG testing [ 3 Answers ]

I drank 5%alcohal beer (one) and one glass of wine Friday night. Will alcohol be tested with EtG tues 9am show in my system? I am 110-115ib woman.

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search